25...Surprise guest

Yelena didn't think things could get any worse as she watched an unconscious Scott lying on the veterinary table, and then she remembered how not only had Derek bitten Allison's mom but Jackson had killed another person, oh and her dad was about to be fired. Yelena blocked out Derek and Deaton's talking as she focused in on Scott, hoping he'd recover. Eventually, Derek came and sat down next to her on the bench releasing a deep breath, neither of them said anything, they didn't need to as instead, Derek inlaced their fingers as they waited for Scott to come round.

Yelena felt her throat dry as she finally spoke about the elephant in the room, "we have to kill Jackson, don't we?"

Derek nodded silently and squeezed her hand, "looks like he's coming around."

Scott began groaning as he shifted around on the table and lifted his head to look at them, "What happened?"

"Let's get outta here," Yelena told him standing up and helping him down off the table.

Once they got back to the depot Scott started bombarding Derek with questions as Yelena leaned against the door of the train.

"I'm saying we need a new plan, because next time, one of us is gonna be too hurt to heal." Derek finally concluded.

Scott groaned, "Ugh, I get it. We can't save Jackson."

Yelena raised her hand into the air, "I said that."

Derek ignored her, "We can't seem to kill him either. I've seen a lot of things, Scott. I've never seen anything like this. Every new moon's just gonna make him stronger."

"But how do we stop him?" Scott asked.

"I don't know. I don't even know if we can." Derek answered honestly.

That's reassuring, Yelena thought to herself.

"Maybe we should just let the Argents handle it," Scott said with a shrug.

"Judging from what happened tonight Scott I think they're probably ready to hunt down the two of you as well," Yelena thought for a moment, "well more so than usual..."

Derek sighed, "I'm the one who turned him. It's my fault."

"Yeah, but you didn't turn him into this. I mean, this happened because of something in his past, right?"

"That's a legend in a book." Derek said furrowing his eyebrows, "It's not that simple."

"What do you mean? What are you not telling me?"

"Why do you think I'm always keeping something from you?" Derek asked with his jaw clenched.

"Because you always are keeping something from me!" Scott snapped in exasperation.

"Well, maybe I do it to protect you."

Yelena was quick to notice Derek's fists clench angrily, along with Scott's frustration bubbling.

"Doesn't being part of your pack mean no more secrets?"

Yelena rubbed her forehead and stepped in between them, "OK cool it, enough." She warned.

Derek scoffed, "Go home, Scott." He snapped, "Sleep. Heal. Make sure your friends are safe. 'Cause, the full moon's coming. And with the way things are going, I've got a feeling it's gonna be a rough one."

Derek shot an annoyed look at Yelena making her frown as she turned to Scott, "Text me when you get home."

Scott eyed them both and hesitantly left them two it.

Yelena crossed her arms and walked over to Derek who had his back to her, "You gonna order me to go home as well?"

"Not now Len."

"It's one thing to shut out Scott and your pack but it's another to shut me out." She said turning on her heel

"Do you feel better now?" He asked annoyed making her turn around with a frown etched on her face "After kissing Jackson, having Issac all over you, do you feel better? Or even?" He snapped glaring at her.

Yelena's jaw dropped taken aback by what he'd said, "Actually no, I feel weak."

"Weak?"

"Yes Derek, weak. Because I can't heal or protect myself, the only way I can be involved in these plans is by making out with teenage boys, apparently."

"I didn't ask you to do that."

"No, I know because if it were up to you I'd be standing on the sidelines, waiting to patch up Everyone else."

"Well, What do you want me to do?"

"I want you to give me the bite."

"No."

"You say you give it to those who ask...I'm asking. So do it."

"You don't understand what you're asking for." He said dismissing her.

"No, I do."

"I can't do this now. The full moon is coming I need to prepare."

"I'd offer to help but clearly I'm no use to you." When he didn't answer Yelena let out a scoff "This is the part where you tell me you do need me and you're sorry for being an asshole."

Derek looked up at her trying to find the right thing to say but she was fed up and walked away, whatever this was it was over.

()()()()()()()

Yelena found herself staring at her dad in a state of shock as he stood in the doorway of her bedroom and asked her a much-dreaded question.

"I wanna ask you something, and I want you to be honest with me."

Yelena's heart was beating fast, he knows about the world they lived in, he must know otherwise he wouldn't look so serious.

"Sure." She replied nervously trying to casually lean against her doorframe.

He took a deep breath and braced himself "Are you dating Derek Hale," Yelena's eyes widened, this wasn't where she thought this conversation was going, "because I saw you both the other week."

Yelena looked down to the floor and puffed her cheeks out, before looking back at him with a sigh, "Yes and no."

"Yes and no? What does that mean? Is that like when two people like meeting up to-"

"Oh god, Dad please don't finish that sentence." She said covering her ears.

The sheriff didn't want to have this conversation any more than Yelena did, "I just want the truth. Have you forgotten all the times he's been arrested?"

"No, and have you forgotten he was exonerated from all of them."

"Len, you're playing a dangerous game

"Nothing happened with us until he was exonerated, besides you don't even know Derek, none of you do. Maybe you should all just quit judging him." She replied defensively.

"So what exactly is going on?"

"We were seeing each other but I don't think it's going anywhere." She admitted

He nodded before pursing her lips "Why not?"

"Well Derek has a lot of issues that I was hoping we could move past but, I don't think we can."

"And it's definitely not something you can work past."

"I'm surprised you would want me to."

"I'm not Derek Hales's biggest fan, but you've been a lot happier lately I thought it might be your new job but now I'm thinking maybe I was wrong."

Yelena subconsciously smiled to herself, "It's both, but it's hard to be with someone who doesn't trust you or anything around him." Yelena looked down at the sound of her phone buzzing and seeing a message from Stiles

Party at Lydia's?

A/n - not edited