27...Wrath

"Derek - Can you hear me?" Deaton asked trying to rouse him

"I didn't know what to do - he wouldn't answer, what do I do."

Deaton ignored her and continued to try and bring him around "I need you to answer me, Derek. Derek! We don't have much time." He told him before pulling out some type of sound emitter

Derek gasped and bolted upright "That sound - What was it?"

"You're gonna be weak for several hours," Deaton told him putting the emitter away as he and Yelena steadied him when he tried to stand.

"It actually happened." He muttered in disbelief, watching Yelena's scared face.

"Don't worry. You're still an Alpha" Deaton reassured him "But, as usual, not a particularly competent one." He spat out

Derek wasn't concerned about Deaton's opinion of him he just wanted to know where his uncle was "Where is he?"

"I wish I could tell you."

"Then how about you tell me what you're doing here, and why you're helping me." Derek snapped at the vet

"Yelena called me and actually helping your family used to be a pretty important part of my life. Helping you was a promise I made to your mother."

Derek frowned "You're the one my sister talked about. She said you're a - kind of advisor?"

"She was right. And I have some advice that you need to listen to very closely right now. What Peter managed to do doesn't come without a price. He'll be physically weak, so he'll rely on the strength of his intelligence, his cunning. He's gonna come at you, Derek. He'll try to twist his way inside your head, preying on your insecurities. He'll tell you that he's the only way you can stop Gerard. Do not trust him."

"I don't trust anyone."

"Yeah, that's clear," Yelena grumbled looking away from him in annoyance.

Deaton raised his eyebrows at her before looking back at Derek "Well If you did, you might be the Alpha you like to think you are. And unfortunately, the one person you should trust doesn't trust you at all."

Derek nodded in understanding "Scott."

"You need to find him, you need to find him as fast as you can. I've known Gerard for a long time. He always has a plan. Something tells me - it's going exactly the way he wants it to." Deaton told him.

Yelena frowned when her phone rang seeing that it was Scott "Speak of the devil."

"Who is it?" Deaton asked, concerned that she could be referring to Gerard.

"Scott" she mumbled as she unlocked her phone to answer it.

"Len." He said slightly panicked down the phone

"Hey, sorry I ditched you guys at the party. Something happened that you guys need to know about." She ignored the annoyed look from Derek. He'd made it clear that he didn't trust her, so she wasn't going to keep protecting him.

"Len listen, we know who the kanima master is and we think you might be next."

"What are you talking about?" Yelena frowned

"Do you remember you used to hang out with the swim team? And the party at Camden Laheys?" Stiles shouted down the phone.

"Yeah, why?" She asked in confusion as Deaton nodded at her to put them on speaker, which she did.

"Well we think you're right it's not about the people on the swim team, at least not directly." Scott tried to explain.

"Get down to the station right now! You need to tell Dad everything you know about the team and the parties."