12...Wolfs omission

After finding out that the message came from Melissa's computer they'd gone straight to the hospital, for some reason it was more important that they go now instead of waiting for the morning, in safe daylight. Yelena had opted to sit in the back, ever since their close encounter at the school, Yelena wasn't sure if she trusted herself around Derek, what was worse was that he knew how nervous he made her. Her thoughts of Derek were cut off by the sounds of Stiles's phone ringing, it was Scott whom Stiles put on speakerphone

"Did you get the picture?" Scott asked.

In the background they could hear the sound from the crowd at the lacrosse field, Yelena knew how much this must have been hurting Stiles as he was meant to be there. Scott had finally managed to take a photo of the necklace and sent it to them to see if it matched with the one Laura Hale had seen before she'd been killed.

"Yeah, I did, and it looks just like the drawing," Stiles replied.

Derek roughly grabbed Stile's hand and pulled the phone closer to him so he could speak "Is there something on the back of it? There's gotta be something. An inscription, an opening, something." He asked frantically.

"No, no, the thing's flat. And, no, it doesn't open. There's nothing in it, on it, around it, nothing. And where are you? You're supposed to be here. You're first line. Man, you're not gonna play if you're not here to start." Scott exclaimed

"I know."

Yelena tenitavly put her hand on Stiles's shoulder "Stiles you can still make it, just drop me and Derek off and we'll find our way back later."

Stiles's face resigned as he spoke to Scott again "Look if you see my dad, can you tell him - tell him I'll be there, I'll just be a little bit late, okay? All right, thanks." He said before hanging up.

"You're not gonna make it. And you didn't tell him about his mom, either." Derek unhelpfully pointed out.

"Not till we find out the truth." Stiles insisted.

Yelena nodded in agreement as she looked out the window remembering her lacrosse games and thinking about how gutted she would have been if she'd not been allowed to play. It was Derek who snapped her from her thoughts as he nodded and looked at Stiles

"By the way, one more thing."

"Yeah-"

Derek grabbed the back of Stiles's head and rammed it painfully into the steering wheel. Yelena grimaced as she could practically feel the pain herself. Stiles yelped in pain as clutched his head "Oh, God! What the hell -"

"You know what that was for." Derek growled, referring to earlier in the night with Danny "Now Go. Go!" He growled and pointed to the door.

Stiles opened the door still holding his head but Yelena reached over and stopped him

"Wait I'll go." She felt guilty that Stiles was missing his lacrosse game.

"No." They both said at the same time, scowling at each other. Stiles's distrust of Derek was evident, as was Derek's dislike for Stiles.

"You're staying in the car, he can go." Derek continued

"Excuse me? Who asked you?" Yelena argued with Derek with raised eyebrows.

"It's fine, I'll go."

"Stiles-"

"Look I'm already missing the game at least let it count for something," Stiles told her as he climbed out of the jeep.

"Be careful!" She shouted out to him as she climbed into the front seat next to Derek.

Stiles pulled his phone out of his jacket and waved it to her "I'll call you when I find something."