21...Poison

Despite their heated make-out session in the locker room, Yelena was still annoyed at Derek for what happened with Scott, and even more so when she found out that Jackson had taken his statement back about Issac, but either way she agreed to meet him to give him a chance to apologize properly in person. Wrapping her jacket around her tighter, Yelena tried to fight the cold as she waited for Derek to meet her outside of her work building.

"I'm not here to fight." He said raising his hands in the air.

"Good, because my boss is already pissing me off."

"Why?" Derek frowned

Yelena sighed "I think he wants me to do some digging about the Kanima murders but I made it clear that I won't."

"Why not?"

"Because he implied that I should go through my dad's files and I can't do that."

Derek leaned against the wall next to her "You already have some information just lie about where you got it from." He suggested

"I can't, if people think my dad has been sharing information he could be fired. speaking of which, next time you and your betas decide to mess with my dad's job, tell me in advance."

Derek's eyebrows furrowed as he moved to stand in front of her and rubbed her arms to warm her up "What are you talking about?"

"Jackson took back his statement about Isaac and I don't know why, but I know you had something to do with it."

Derek sighed "Issac is innocent, who cares."

"I care, Derek. When it makes my dad look incompetent, I care." She told him, Derek rubbed the back of his head thinking "Do you know how bad it looks for my dad to have an arrest warrant for murder out for a sixteen-year-old? I understand clearing his name but could you not have helped I don't know maybe finding the actual killer first so that my dad's job isn't put in jeopardy.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think of it that way."

"How did you get Jackson to do it?" She asked after a few moments, when he was hesitant to answer Yelena crossed her arms "Derek?"

"Tried to prove that he was the kanima, when he wasn't I used him."

"So Jackson's not the kanima? Huh, I always thought he was very snake-like."

"That's what I said." Derek joked trying to ease the tension.

Yelena's phone began to ring, interrupting him  "My boss is calling."

Derek kissed the top of her head, "Might sound funny coming from me, but keep calm."

Yelena smiled at him in amusement "I'll try."

as she opened the door to her office building she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket

your boyfriend is trying to kill Lydia

Yelena's heart jumped out of her chest and her eyes widened as she read the message, she ran back outside but Derek was already far gone by now. She held her phone to her chest feeling panic rise, killing peter is one thing, risking the lives of willing teenagers was another but going out of your way to kill them is too far.

"Stilinski!" Yelena jumped at the voice of one of her superiors,  "Your break is over." she quickly ushered her back inside the office.

Yelena wanted to help but she couldn't risk this job, especially when it was something she cared about. her fingernails were barely left towards the end of her shift. it had taken her double the time of proofreading as normal, her eyes kept drifting to the clock and the moment it turned seven she grabbed her jacket and fled the building seeing numerous texts from Scott and Stiles as she got into her car.