O N E

"Charlee! They want you on set!" A voice calls out.

I turn to the doorframe of my trailer and see Robert, my friend and the resident coffee boy/errand runner.

"Again? Why can't they get someone else?" I ask.

I'm in the middle of editing scripts for the next few episodes and don't really want to disrupt my flow.

"Matt said you're the best at getting across what they want. Plus, the cast love you." Robert smiles at me, knowing the kids are a weakness for me.

"Okay, let me just finish up this paragraph and jot down some notes, I'll be like 10 minutes." I tell him.

Robert runs off to let the production team know that I'll be there soon, while I finish off my work.

I work as a writer for a show called Stranger Things, but lately they've been using me more and more as some kind of unpaid acting coach and have had me working on set so that I can be close by.

I'm constantly getting called in to explain the script and dialogue to the cast, and I wouldn't mind too much, but we have 5 other writers they could ask for help and honestly why can't the director and the creators do it?

* * * *

As I walk on to set, I recognise the Mike Wheelers basement, and see Joe and Gaten sitting on the couch looking at their scripts.

"Oh good your here Charlee! Can you show Joe and Gaten what we need from the script please?" Shawn calls out to me once he notices I've arrived.

Gaten's head lifts up from his script and a smile grows on his face. He runs over to me and gives me a big hug.

"Charlee! I'm so glad you're here I've missed you." He says to me.

I look over at Joe and can see him watching us and chuckling, shaking his head. He gets up off of the couch and walks over to me and Gaten.

"I saw you yesterday, monkey." I laugh at him as I hug him back, ruffling his hair.

"Hey Charlee. Thanks for coming again, I don't know how you don't get sick of us. You can use my script if you want." Joe says to me, handing me the script.

I reach over Gatens head, who still hasn't let go of me and take the script. Thanking Joe, I take a quick look at which scene they're doing and re-familiarise myself with what's happening.

"Oh, I hate this scene." I mumble.

Gaten let's go of me and looks at me with a frown.

"What, why?" He asks.

"Because you guys argue in this scene, and I love Steve and Dustys relationship." I explain.

Gaten nods.

"Okay, so Gaten, Dustin is feeling the pressure of being relied on so much, yet he's also desperate for more independence. That's his motivation for this scene," I tell Gaten.

I turn to Joe.

"Steve is really worried about how much Dustin has on his plate, and that he might put himself in too much danger. He's so protective over him because Steve isn't close with his family, and Dustin is like the little brother he never had, so he's kinda all he's got." I tell Joe.