T H R E E

The next day when I wake up, I see have a text from Joe.

Joe
Did you get the part???

Charlee
I don't know yet  Joe, I only just woke up 😂 it hasn't even been a day yet

Joe
Okay okay but don't forget you promised to tell me first

Charlee
Yes I know! I promise I will. I think you're more excited than me

Joe
I'm just excited to work with someone so talented :)

Charlee
Technically  we do work together :p speaking of which, I need to get ready. See you there.

Joe
Haha okay, see you later!

I put my phone down so that I can get ready for work, but I keep forgetting things because I'm so distracted thinking about the audition and wondering if I have got the part... and, maybe because of the way my body reacted to Joes touch yesterday.

Once I am at work and settle into my trailer office, I start going through the notes for our last writers meeting, and working out what I need to do.

Half the day goes by before I hear a knock on my door, and the creak of it opening. I turn to look at who it is, and see Joe standing there with a big smile on his face.

"You guys need help again? Why didn't they send Robert?" I ask, confused.

"No, they're doing alright. Actually, I came about the audition," Joe says, eyes twinkling.

"I still haven't heard anything Joe," I say with a laugh.

His excitement is cute, and kind of contagious. I had know idea he believed in me so much. We hadn't really talked a lot before.

"I have," He says to me, his smile widening.

"You have?" I say.

"Yes, I asked Shawn to let me give you the news!" He says excitedly.

"So what is the news?" I ask.

"You got it of course!" He says with a laugh.

"Really?!" I squeal with disbelief, "Oh my god!"

"Do you think I'd come in smiling if you didn't?" Joe asks.

"Hmmm, I don't know," I say, putting my finger on my chin, pretending to think.

"I guess, to be fair, we don't really know each other that well. We've never really talked much have we?" He says, as if reading my mind.

I shake my head.

"We should start hanging out more then, you're going to be playing my love interest now. We've got to build a rapport," Joe tells me with a smile.

"We hadn't really talked much before... So why did you push so hard for me to do this?" I ask.

"I told you, I could see your talent," He answers.