T W E N T Y S E V E N

I kick my shoes along the grey cement pavement, as I lean against my building. Waiting impatiently for Joe to show up.

I got ready as quickly as I could, far too excited to see someone I'd seen less than 24 hours ago.

I pull at my blue summer dress. Even with a jacket, it was colder than I had expected it to be and I was beginning to regret my choice. Being around Joe though, made me warm. I smiled thinking about it.

Why am I being so fidgety and unsure? I can't be nervous can I? I know how he feels about me now. Things are finally going in a good direction. 

Maybe I'm just scared of new things. Maybe this is why it took someone pulling me out of my comfort zone to actually spend time with and get to know people.

Just as I begin considering going back upstairs to change, I hear Joes car pull up in front of the building.

I look up at the red car with a smile, to see Joe smiling back.

I could get used to seeing him look at me like that.

I walked over to the passenger side of his car, leaning with my hands on the roof, I ducked my head down to talk to him through the window.

"Fancy seeing you here," I tell him in a cheeky tone.

"Get in," Joe laughed, shaking his head.

I pull the door handle, thankful that it opens first time and slide into the car.

"So, Cafe 98?" I ask him with a smile, remembering the times before, when we used to hang out there. Before we knew how each other felt.

Joe nodded, a knowing smile growing on his face.

"Let's do it," He said as he started driving away.

*****

As we walk into the cafe, I scan the room for a good table. I found the perfect one in a corner, where people wouldn't see us right away.

It didn't happen often here, but sometimes people would recognise Joe and it made the atmosphere awkward.

Joe was always super polite to fans, but he felt like he couldn't relax when they came up to him. Like he was at work.

I was thankful I could still appreciate my anonymity for a while longer, before the trailers for our season get released at least.

As I sit down in my chair, Joe slides into the one opposite me and gives me a smirk.

"Want me to order for you?" He asked me, tongue in his cheek.

I shook my head.

"Actually I'm ordering something different this time," I answer him smugly.

"I'll order for you though," I tell him.

I get up to order. Joining the queue at the counter, waiting to order.

The blonde barista at the counter keeps stealing glances at Joe, and I know she recognises him.

When it is my turn to order, I walk up to the counter and smile sweetly at the barista. Her name badge has Sophie written on it with a smiley face. Cute.

"Hi! How can I help you today?" Sophie asks me cheerily.

I give her my order, then begin to turn away after paying, when she clears her throat.

"Excuse me?" She asks me.

I turn back to her, and see redness glowing in her cheeks.

"You came in with him?" She asks, pointing over to Joe.