T H I R T Y T H R E E

My head pounds as I open my eyes. I open my mouth and it's dry. Oh no, did I drink last night? I don't remember drinking.

As I squirm, the arms around me pull me closer as if I'm a disobedient teddy bear. I reach for them to peel them off me so that I can get up, when I realise they're smaller than Joes arms.

They're a girls.

As I get out of bed, I slowly turn around and see Maya in my bed.

That's when it hits me.

That's when everything that happened last night hits me. And, it hits me like a freight train.

My chest tightens, as the images of Joe holding Gemma so tenderly, and her gingerly cupping his face flash in my mind.

Bile starts to make its way up my stomach and throat; I rush to the bathroom to throw up. Each heave only worsening the pounding in my head, that I realise now isn't from alcohol; but from crying myself to sleep.

I pull myself up from the floor, and inspect my reflection in the mirror. My face is puffy, my eyes bloodshot, and remnants of mascara are accentuating the bags under my eyes.

I take a deep breath and let it out slowly, before walking to my shower and turning it on.

Letting the hot water sting my skin helps relax my tightened chest, and let's me drift into a space where my mind can sift through the events of last night.

I know what I saw, and that's the man I love being very close and comfortable with his ex girlfriend. The one he only left because he wanted to be with me.

But, I also went on to innocently hug Dacre -The man who confessed feelings for me- closely afterwards. Without the full story, I can't be sure what happened.

I hate to say it, but this feels like a pattern with us. In all honesty, I should have expected things to come crashing down the minute things started feeling comfortable and easy.

After I turn the shower off, I walk into my room to get dressed.

I expect to see Maya still laying on the bed, but she's no where to be seen and the bed has been made. I smile at how she thinks of the little things.

I decide to put on just some tracksuit pants and a tank top. I am not going anywhere today.

As I make my way into the kitchen, the smell of pancakes and bacon gently caress my nose. I stop and close my eyes, allowing myself a moment to breath it in.

When I open them, I see Maya who is staring at me with a smirk on her face.

She's wearing some of my clothes, I guess because she didn't want to leave me last night, and looks adorable in them.

"If you think the smell is good, wait until you taste it," Maya says proudly.

I grin at her.

"I can see why Robert wants you to move in so bad," I tell her as I slide into the kitchen stool across from her, watching her cook.

Maya rolls her eyes, and then points the spatula at me menacingly.

"Don't you start," She says in as threatening voice as she can muster. For an actor it's not entirely convincing.

I just smile at her, as I watch her put everything onto plates. She then makes me an aspirin and pushes it towards me. How did she know I needed that? She looks up at me and catches the look in my eye.

"What?" Maya asks me.

"I'm just so thankful for you. You're amazing you know, I never feel alone with you in my life," I tell her, a grateful smile on my face. I hope she can feel how sincerely I mean that.