F I V E

A few weeks later, and it is officially my first day as an actress on Stranger Things. It feels surreal to be getting up and going to work, knowing that instead of my ideas being on screen, it will be my face.

I walk into the building, and almost immediately everyone starts coming over to see me. The kids are all fighting over who gets to hug me first, and the older actors are all laughing at the bickering.

"It's going to be weird having another Charlee around. We might have to call you C1 and C2," Natalia jokes.

"Well who would I be? One or two?" Charlie asks.

"You'll always be my number one," Natalia says to Charlie sweetly.

"Suck up," Charlie chuckles, kissing Natalia on the forehead.

Once the kids have all had their turns hugging me, Joe grabs me and lifts me up in a big hug before anyone else can get to me.

"Happy first day!" Joe shouts far too loudly before putting me down.

"Settle down, you're embarrassing me," I say, only half being serious.

"Sorry, I've just been looking forward to this," Joe pouts.

"He's not kidding, he's been pretty annoying about it actually," Maya says, rolling her eyes and laughing.

I give Maya a squeeze hello.

"So, ah. Is she here?" I ask Joe nervously.

"Is who here?" Natalia asks, raising her eyebrows.

"Winona. Charlee is a bit of a fan girl about her apparently," Joe answers with a chuckle.

"Shut up. She is completely iconic. I'm sure you were the same when you first met her," I gush.

"Yeah okay, maybe a little. No, she's not filming today. But you'll get to see her soon, I promise," Joe says to me.

I feel a bit disappointed, but I'm excited to know that I will get to not only meet, but work with the Winona Ryder soon. How is this my life?

"Ready for our scene today?" Maya asks.

"I think I've got the lines down. I'm just nervous I'm going to mess up," I answer her.

"You'll be fine! And it's okay to make mistakes, we all do it all the time. It just makes for a good gag reel," Maya says with a reassuring smile.

"Thank you," I say to her.

"Come on, let me show you around!" Maya squeals, grabbing my arm and pulling me away.

I turn around to wave everybody goodbye, and go to wherever Maya is taking me.

Maya pulls me around the studios, showing me different sets. Some I've been to before and some I hadn't seen yet. She even shows me the room where they keep stuff for special effects.

Finally she shows me to the break area. It has a few arcade machines that I think were taken from the arcade set, a pool table, a long table with provisions for coffee and tea, as well as a few snacks on it, and a small table and chairs.

It also has two large, brown suede couches and one smaller one, with a coffee table with what appears to be a game of Dungeons and Dragons on it. Joe is sitting on one of the larger couches, yelling into his phone.

"Okay, okay! I get it! Fine. I'll talk to you later," Joe finishes the conversation with a huff.

He turns his phone off, putting it down next to him. He throws his head back on the couch and lets out a heavy sigh.