T H I R T Y S I X

I wrap the glasses individually with news paper, looking out of the kitchen window.

It's Tuesday, and I'm standing in the same place that Joe and I were a few days ago.

I was weak then. The talk with Dacre, and the way Joe looked at me when he thought my heart didn't belong to him, it all made me weak.

I'd nearly forgotten all of my reasoning of ending the relationship. I couldn't make everything that happened between us, be for nothing. Break up for a week, then say 'oops sorry' and ask him to come back? No, not happening.

Maybe he didn't mean to hurt me. I didn't mean to hurt him. But, we're hurting and that's too a familiar feeling amongst us.

"Was the pain in the fact that you weren't together?"

The words sneak into my mind, and I shake my head. Damn it, Dacre.

"Are they ready to go?" Natalia asks me, as I pack the last glass into the box.

I turn to look at her, her dark brown hair framing her angled face. Her mouth is turned in a smile, but it doesn't reach her eyes. I smile at her, and give her a small nod.

"Yep, all done," I say.

Natalia goes to reach for the box, but her fingers twitch, hesitating.

"Charlee..." She says quietly.

"Yeah?" I ask her, confused.

"You don't... You don't hate me do you? For inviting Gemma to my party?" She asks me, her eyes wide and glassy, her smile falling.

"What? Of course not! I know you two are friends. You shouldn't have to change your friendships every time relationships shift," I say to her, shaking my head at the thought she could even think I'd ever hate her.

Natalia nods, but her chin trembles a little bit. She reaches her arms out for the box again, but I stop her with my hands on her shoulders, taking her into a hug.

"I don't blame you, or Gemma, Joe, or anyone else. This isn't about anyone being in the wrong, okay?" I say into her neck, trying to comfort her.

Natalia nods over my shoulder, but doesn't let go. She pulls me in closer and I rub my hand on her back.

"How could anyone ever hate you?" I ask, thinking out loud.

I'd never seen anyone get truly mad at Natalia. Annoyed maybe, when she was being neurotic and bossy, but not mad. She'd never hurt anyone, not on purpose and she'd do everything to prevent it happening by accident.

Natalia chuckles, and pulls back. Dabbing her eyes with the back of her hands.

"Ahh," She groans, shaking her head a little.

"Sorry to get so emotional. I just really like you. We all do! You fit into our group so well, I don't want to do anything to ruin the friendships we've all grown together," She tells me, with a small smile.

"I love you all so much, I'm so grateful to how you all made me feel like a part of the family so quickly," I tell her, turning to get the plates out of the cupboard.

"I just wish you talked to us more before you joined the cast, we always liked you, but we thought maybe you didn't like us much. Robert kept reassuring us you're just not a big people person, but it doesn't seem that way now," Natalia tells me.

I pause as I take out another plate from the cupboard. A frown setting on my face as my lips rest in a line and my eyebrows move closer together.

"Robert talked to you guys about me?" I ask her.