T W E N T Y S I X

After eating together, we were both cold and ready to go home.

The drive home was quiet, but content. We sat in silence, with not even the radio on, stealing glances at one another. Every time our eyes met, a small smile formed on our lips.

As the car slowly rumbles to a stop in front of my building, Joe turns to me. His eyes searching mine.

"Can I walk you to the door?" He asks me softly.

That familiar feel of electricity fills the air once again, and I become aware of my heart beating faster.

I nod to him.

"Yeah" I whisper.

Joe turns the car off and pulls the keys out of the ignition. I reach for my door handle, but Joe stops me with his hand on my shoulder.

"Wait," He says, before getting out of the car and running over to my side.

As he opens the door for me, I can't contain the smile growing on my face. He is being very cute right now.

Joe reaches for my hand as I step out of the car, and we walk to the front of my building hand in hand.

When his skin touches mine, I still feel that same fire through my skin. I close my eyes, taking a deep breath. Trying to appreciate every moment like this.

As we get to the front door, Joe turns to me. A small smile on his face.

"Thanks for today," He says to me sincerely.

"Thank you, actually. You're the one that planned everything, I just showed up," I say, smiling at him.

Joe chuckles as he reaches to brush my hair behind my ear.

This small movement release butterflies throughout my body. Will I ever be used to this? Will he ever stop having this affect on me? I kind of hope not.

"So you had a good time? You want to see me again?" Joe asks me.

I bite my lip as I smirk up at him and nod.

"Definitely," I tell him.

Joe leans down and our breath mingles as he kisses me slowly, softly and methodically. When he breaks away, his face lingers in front of mine for a moment, as if he is deliberating whether to go back for more.

"I am really tempted to ask you to come up," I whisper to him.

Joe pulls his face away and takes a deep breath, before letting it out in one slow exhale.

"Probably not a good idea..." He says with a pained look on his face.

I roll my eyes.

"Oh come on, we don't have to do anything like that. We can watch a movie, and just sleep. We've slept in the same bed before just fine. I think I can manage keeping my hands to myself," I tell him with a chuckle.

Joes smile falls as his eyes burrow into mine.

"I don't think I can though," He says lowly.

Joe leans down and kisses the corner of my mouth, laughing at me as I'm still frozen with shock.

"Now get inside. I can't leave until I know you're in safe," He tells me with an innocent smile, as though he hadn't just filled my mind with a thousand compromising thoughts.

I swallow, and let out a breath. Shaking my head at him.

"Bye," I tell Joe, squinting at him slightly.

I turn to the door and walk inside, making my way up to my apartment.

Once I'm inside my apartment, I lean against my front door and close my eyes as I let out a heavy sigh.