S E V E N

Today I am shooting again. It's going to be a big day emotionally, we're filming the flashback for Kaya and Robins breakup scene.

Even though I have such a big day today, I was up late last night researching tips for the role. I really want to get this right and I think I have some ideas.

I walk into the studio and see Maya with a big takeaway coffee. I'd called her this morning and asked her to come in early, promising her I'd explain it when I got there.

"Charlee, there better be a good reason you got me here early. We're not due to film until late this afternoon. I could be sleeping and preparing for our breakup!" Maya exclaims.

"Bare with me okay?" I say to Maya, leading her over to the brown couches of the break room and sitting down next to her.

"I was reading about this style of acting preparation, where you put yourself in situations your character will be in so you can fully understand it and it translates well on screen," I explain.

Maya is listening closely, but looks somewhat confused.

"So, I thought. Since our characters were in a pretty serious relationship, we need to replicate that intimacy and comfort with each other," I finish.

Maya tilts her head and narrows her eyes a little.

"Ah... Charlee? What are you saying you want to do?" She asks, a look of concern on her face.

"Oh! Nothing like that, oh my god. I didn't realise how I made that sound," I laugh.

"I just think we should stick close today, maybe hold hands and hug and stuff a lot. Get really comfortable with each other you know?" I tell her.

"Ohhhh," Mayas face relaxes as she begins to understand what I'm saying.

"You're not comfortable around me?" She asks.

"Of course I am! You make everyone feel comfortable. I just really want to do this well," I explain.

"No, I get it. It's a good idea. You impress me Charlee," Maya says with a smile, linking her arm with mine.

Just as I was about to ask what we should do today, Joe walks into the room and over to the coffee station.

My heart skips a beat as I watch him, I'm still unsure where things stand with us after the coffee shop.

"You okay?" Maya asks me.

I nod and smile at her.

"Look at you, the caring girlfriend already," I say with a smile.

"Don't say that! I'm not ready for the heartbreak of our break up," Maya says with a pout.

I unhook our arms and squeeze her hand as I look into her eyes.

"We can still be friends, and we'll always have Paris," I joke.

"Paris?" Joe asks.

I didn't even notice Joe had walked over to us.

"Just a joke," I laugh awkwardly.

I look at Joe for a moment, and then remember I wanted to talk to him about this preparation idea as well.