Bonus Anniversary Chapter!

Hello! It's me, the author.

A couple of days ago, I realised that today would be the one year anniversary of me publishing the first chapter of this book! Now, it has over 80k reads and has some rankings I'm pretty proud of, plus the best readers an author could ask for! And, it's all finishing in just a few more chapters. It's bittersweet, but I'm excited to finish.

To celebrate, and to thank you all for being so patient and kind through each hiatus - I've decided to add a bonus chapter.

This chapter is a prequel, if you will, from Joes POV. The day he met Charlee, and a little later. I have had the idea of writing a book from his POV (because I personally love reading the other love interests POV of my favourite romance books myself) for awhile, I even have a cover and title ready to go. But, there's so many other stories I want to tell. So, I'm not sure if I'll ever get around to that, but I can give you this at least.

Please enjoy, and thank you all again for being here, and entertaining me with your kind, and hilarious comments. This has been so much fun.

A small spoiler warning for Season 3, Episode 3 if you haven't seen it yet x

----------

I'm scrolling through my Twitter feed while I wait for Maya to finish her scene, but I'm not really paying attention to anything. I sigh, as I lock my phone and put it down, when I hear two very distinct, and unmistakable laughs.

It's Gaten and Maya.

"You can't have a ferret on set!" Gaten tells Maya loudly as they get closer.

"A ferret is the PERFECT set pet, and then I can take him home when we're done filming and bring him back next season!" Maya responds.

"Shawn will never go for it," Gaten laughs.

Maya and Gaten sink down into the couches next to me, relaxing.

"Surely we can have SOME kind of pet on set, it will boost morale!" Maya says.

"A pet would be way too distracting," I say, joining the conversation.

Maya rolls her eyes, and crosses her arms. I half expect her to pout too, like a child who's been told no to having candy for dinner.

"You two just hate fun," She says grumpily.

As Gaten and I laugh at Maya, her arms relax, and her gaze softens as she stares off behind me.

I turn around, and see Robert talking to a girl with long, curly dark hair. She's wearing jeans and a baggy black T-shirt, and paying careful attention to whatever Robert is telling her, but they're laughing about something too.

When I turn back to Maya, she is still staring.

"Who's that talking to Robert?" I ask her, trying to break her out of her trance.

She shrugs, and blinks as she comes back to reality.

"I don't know," Maya says.

"I think it's that new writer, she's meant to be starting today," Gaten says.

I give Gaten a nod, and turn around again to have another look. They're both walking towards us.

"Hey, you guys!" Robert calls out to us as he walks over, and we all greet him.

As he stands in front of us, the new writer stands next to him nervously. She picks at her fingers as she does quick glances at each of us, and presses her lips together. It's kind of cute.