T W E N T Y F I V E

I walk into the studio the next day, yawning. I spot Maya by the entrance and she runs up to me.

"I've been waiting for you! What happened yesterday!?" She practically screams into my ear.

"Shhhh... coffee," I mumble in reply.

It's an early shoot day and I am barely functioning.

"Here, I'll take you to coffee," Maya says, hooking her arm into mine and guiding me to the break area.

As we walk up to the coffee station, the smell of coffee enters my nostrils and I hum. I can feel the effects already. Once that brown liquid hits my throat, I'll be able to handle the day.

As I start to put my coffee together, Maya is practically bouncing on her toes impatiently, waiting to hear how yesterday went.

I take a sip of my coffee and turn around to lean on the table, ready to give Maya the run down. When I look up to talk to her, I notice that Joe is sitting on the couches with Natalia, Sadie and Gaten. I talk quietly so they don't hear.

"We kissed," I say softly.

"Obviously. I want to know what happened after!" Maya replies, not quite getting what I meant.

"No, I mean Joe kissed me... out of character," I explain, still speaking quietly.

Mayas eyes light up as the realisation hits her.

"Yes!" She shouts loudly.

"Shhh," I tell her, "Joe is right over there,"

Too late. We both look over to him and see he is staring at us, wondering what Maya is shouting about. He smiles and waved at me, and I wonder if he's guessed what we were talking about. I wave back and Maya nudges me.

"Come on, let's go talk to him," She says.

It would be rude if I didn't go over and say hi, I guess. It's not that I don't want to see him, I'm itching to really. But I'm nervous, we still haven't done much talking which means I'm still a bit lost on where I stand.

Maya is already pulling me over, not giving me a chance to respond. Once we're at the couches, Joe smirks as he gives me a little wave.

"Hi," He says, as though he knows something no one else does.

"Hi," I say back in the same way.

"You two should come sit down," Joe says, patting the spot next to him.

I oblige and sit down next to him, Maya sitting next to me. As I take my seat, Joe moves his hand around my waist and pulls me in closer to him, resting his hand on my hip.

My breath catches in my throat and I look at him. His eyes look at mine with such intensity that I could almost forget anyone else is here and start kissing him right here, but I remember the others and look away.

When I look back to the others, everyone is smiling at us. I know that a lot of people on set had been waiting for us to get together, but this is kind of creepy.

"Stop smiling like that, it's creeping me out!" I complain.

"We're just happy for you two!" Gaten exclaims with a grin.

"It has been a long time coming," Natalia says with a shrug.

My face grows hot as I blush from all the attention and Joe pulls me in and kisses me on the head.

"Ignore them," Joe whispers to me.

I rest my head on his shoulder, and try to relax and not let it all get to me. They're friends, it shouldn't be so embarrassing. Maybe if I had more answers about our relationship, it wouldn't feel so daunting being together in front of others.