T W O

Beep beep beep beep

I slowly roll over and turn my alarm off on my phone.

Though I had been awake a little while before it went off, I'd just been laying there thinking. Anxious about the audition today.

I scroll through the texts on my phone wishing me luck today.

When I told the others in the cast that I'd be auditioning, they were very excited. Even though we work in the same vicinity, we don't get to see each other all that much unless I'm called in to help run lines. Now, we'd be seeing each other more. If I get the part that is.

I finally force myself out of bed and pick my outfit. I have several advantages to this audition. I actually helped come up with the character, so I know what kind of clothes she'd wear and her motivation. I also wrote the lines I'm going to be reading today, so I shouldn't forget them. Hopefully.

I get dressed in my mom jeans, a blue button up shirt and a loud print sweater vest and then, I sweep my long brown hair up into a side pony tail. I know I don't actually need to dress for the part, but I thought it definitely can't hurt.

After I've eaten, brushed my teeth and done my makeup, I rush out the door and drive to the building they are holding the auditions in.

* * * *

Inside the building, I make my way to the room. Because Shawn organised this audition for me on the fly, I don't have to wait long. I'm the only one auditioning today.

I knock on the door to let them know I am here, and sit down on one of the chairs outside the room.

I have a look at the script I brought with me while I wait, so I'm prepared and to calm my nerves. The door opens and I lift my head to the sound to see Joe standing in the doorway with a smirk on his face.

"What are you doing here?" I exclaim.

"We're doing a chemistry read since the part is for Steve's love interest," He tells me.

I gulp.

"You knew you'd be here and didn't tell me?" I ask him.

He smiles at me and I notice the way his eyes twinkle when he's trying not to laugh.

"Thought I'd surprise you! Aren't you glad you don't have to do it alone?" He asks.

"I guess kind of, but it's like extra pressure having to bounce off of someone as well as remember my lines and do the emotion" I tell him.

He rolls his eyes.

"Come on, you do all of that on set all the time anyways. Let's go in." Joe tells me, then grabs my hand and pulls me out of my seat and into the room. The heat of his skin on mine making me skip a breath.

Inside the room are Shawn, Ross and a lady and a man I haven't met before, I'm assuming the casting team. Joe let's go of my hand and I notice the loss of warmth. I walk over to the four in front of me and introduce myself.

"Hi, I'm Charlee Jensen. I'm auditioning for the role of Kaya Murphy today"

Everyone introduces themselves, and then direct me and Joe where to stand before explaining the scene.