S I X

I'm sitting at on my couch at home with a blanket over me, a hot chocolate on the coffee table, and a laptop on my lap.

I'm jotting down different ideas I've been thinking about writing, but I haven't managed to have the inspiration to start anything yet. I don't know why I thought it'd be easier to write for myself once I stopped writing for Stranger Things.

I close the laptop and put it down on the coffee table, letting out a sigh. I pick up my hot chocolate and lay back against the couch, before taking a sip.

I look outside the window at the clouds in the sky. Seeing the different shapes in them reminds me of the boat, and Joe.

I pick up my phone, scrolling through my contacts and my thumb hovering over his name on my screen. I'm not sure exactly why I feel hesitant to call him.

He's a big reason why I'm here right now, and he knows what it's like trying to find inspiration to write. I should call him.

I press on his name and press call. Holding the phone to my ear, I bring my hot chocolate to my cheek and feel the warmth.

"Hello?" Joe answers.

"Hey, it's Charlee," I say.

"I knew it was you silly. What's up?" He asks.

"Are you busy?" I ask.

"Nope, just laying at home reading. You okay?" Joe asks me.

"Yeah, I just wanted to ask some advice. Can we meet for a coffee or something?" I ask him, glancing down at my hot chocolate.

"I guess I owe you for the advice you gave me the other day" Joe laughs, "Yeah sure. At Cafe 98?"

"Yes, I'll see you in an hour if that's okay?" I ask.

"Of course it is, see you there" Joe says.

I hang up my phone and get ready to meet him.

* * * *

I walk into the coffee shop and find Joe already there, sitting at a table. He looks up and sees me watching, smiles and waves his hand. His smile makes my heart skip.

I walk over to him and sit down, immediately picking up the menu. Joe laughs at me.

"I don't know why you bother. You get the same thing every time," Joe says.

I put the menu down and make a face at him.

"Not every time," I counter.

"Every time," Joe says, giving me a knowing look.

"Okay then, you order for me since you know me so well," I tell him, crossing my arms.

Joe bites his lip and thinks for a second. He taps the table with his hands, and then gets up and walks over to the counter. After a minute or so he comes back.

"What did you get?" I ask him.

"You'll see," He says with a smirk.

I can't help but smiling back at him.

"What's this advice you wanted?" He asks.

"I've been trying to get started on writing for myself. Like what you said I should do. But, I can't figure out where to start," I say to him, leaning forward.

"Have you got any ideas?" He asks me.

"A few. But, they're all kind of random, I can't seem to get anything started. I figured since you write songs you'd be able to help," I explain.