E L E V E N

I'd just finished filming a scene with Maya, and we were sitting in the break area talking and laughing. Robert walks into the room and sits down with us, as Maya tells me about Gaten accidentally spilling his frozen drink on Joe this morning.

"You should have seen Joes face, it was priceless!" Maya shouts, as she falls back into the couch laughing.

Robert leans forward, resting his elbows on his knees and turns to me.

"Speaking of Joe... Are you guys okay now?" Robert asks me.

I nod.

"Yeah, we're friends again," I say smiling.

"So you two talked about everything?" Robert asks.

"Ha!" Maya scoffs.

I press my lips together.

"You did talk right?" Robert asks again.

"Barely! She's gone back to her signature move of ignoring it and waiting it out," Maya says rolling her eyes.

"Just because I'm attracted to him, doesn't mean I have to date him," I explain to my two best friends.

Robert shakes his head.

"Seriously Charlee, I swear sometimes we're more invested in your love life than you are," Robert says as he rolls his eyes.

"Ooh we're talking love lives? Spill!" A voice from behind us says.

We all turn around and see a tall woman standing there with long blonde hair and blonde bangs. She is wearing heels with jeans and a tee-shirt, and she is beautiful. 

"Gemma!" Robert exclaims, glancing at me before standing up and walking over to Gemma and giving her a hug.

That is Gemma? I feel a pain in my stomach, I'm not quite sure if it's from jealousy or guilt. Not that I've done anything to feel guilty about, but twice now I could have come close.

As Maya stands up to greet Gemma, I take a deep breath and rub my legs with my hands, before getting up and following her.

After Maya has hugged Gemma and said hello, Gemma turns to me and smiles.

"You must be Charlee! I've heard so much about you, how talented you are as a writer and an actor. I'm so glad I get to finally meet you! You're so beautiful!" Gemma says and she walks towards me with her arms open.

"Oh thank you! So are you," I say as we come together into a warm hug. 

"Gemma?" Says another familiar voice.

Gemma and I break away from each other, and both turn to see Joe. He raises his eyebrows at both of us.

"What are you doing here?" Joe asks Gemma.

"I had nothing to do and I missed you. I thought I'd surprise you!" Gemma says, walking over to Joe and giving him a kiss on the cheek as she wrapped her arms around Joes neck in an embrace.

Joe stiffens and he runs his hand through his hair as he lets out a breath.

"You never come and visit here," Joe says to her, sounding annoyed.

Gemma drops her arms from Joes neck as the smile falls from her face.

"Are you upset with me? I thought you'd be happy, you're always arguing with me about how I don't visit you," Gemma asks him, her voice soft and strained.

Joe runs his hand through his hair again and sighs, before resting his hands on her shoulders. A familiar gesture.

"No, no. I'm sorry okay? Let's just talk about this in my trailer," he says to her softly, glancing at me, Maya and Robert. Maya slips her hand into mine.