E I G H T

Holding hands, Maya and I walk onto set. Shawn comes over to check on us and raises his eyebrows at us.

"What's this?" Shawn asks.

"They're method acting," Joe says from behind us.

Shawns face lights up.

"Nice work! I'm looking forward to seeing how the scene goes. Great initiative you two," Shawn says with a smile before walking off to get ready.

I turn around to face Joe.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you done filming for the day?" I ask.

"I wanted to come watch you, since you prepared so hard for this," Joe says with a smile.

I smile back at him.

"Someone's gotta make sure you don't screw up," Joe jokes.

I raise my hand to smack him, but then remember my self imposed "touch ban" and drop it again. Joe notices and smirks.

"Harder than you thought it would be huh?" Joe chuckles, a look of triumph on his face.

"Shut up," I say.

Maya pulls my hand.

"We gotta go on," She says to me.

I nod and we make our way to our marks. Maya sits on what is meant to be Robins bed in her room. I am leaning against a dresser.

"Action!" Shawn yells out.

I bite my lip as I look down at my fingers, picking my nails.

"So what are you saying?" I ask quietly, not looking up.

"Kaya..." Robin says.

I look up at Robin and she's staring at me with tears swelling in her eyes, threatening to spill over. I rush over to her and kneel at her feet, my hands resting at her knees.

"We're not making each other happy. We can't support each other the way we need to," Robin says to me, as the tears begin to stream down her face.

I hold her face in my hands and begin to kiss her tears away, making my way over to her lips and we kiss each other passionately for a moment, until Robin pulls away.

"Kaya, I'm trying to break up with you," Robin says sadly.

I lean my forehead against hers.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry," I whisper.

"It's okay. I'm sorry too," She whispers back.

I nod silently.

We stay that way for a moment. Foreheads pressed together, eyes closed. I pull myself away and silently walk out of the room.

"Cut!" Shawn yells.

Robert comes over to me and Maya with tissues. As I wipe away the tears, Shawn comes over.

"That was beautiful guys. Absolutely touching and heartbreaking at the same time. Nice improv with kissing her tears too Charlee, I loved that!" Shawn compliments us and then goes to talk to someone else.

Joe comes over to us.

"You improvised that?" Joe asks.

I nod.

"Wow, technical, yet intuitive. You're amazing," Joe says to me.

"Thank you," I say to Joe, touched by the compliment.

"I think the guy who encouraged you to act deserves some praise too," He says with a smirk.

"Yeah, yeah," I roll my eyes.