Chapter Thirty One - Feelings

"And how do you feel?"

"Like the worlds are against me?-The pain it-Im not sure-I

The woman started to panic. It was like memories after memories being imbedded in her mind all over again.

"Breathe dear, your fine"

"I-Sorry" she laughs nervously.

"It's completely fine.You are not alone. It is fine to feel the way you do, many people have. You are not my first and won't be my last client to feel this way."

"The book do you write still?" The therapist added.

The woman sighed. She's been coming here for years now. Somehow talking her problems to a someone helps her. Eighteen years yet the pain she feels won't go away. What she would do for all the happiness again.

"I-yes-who am I kidding" she breathes out. Unshed tears want to leak out of her beautiful blue eyes yet she blinks them away shaking her head feeling ashamed.

"I've- it slipped my mind" she lies. She just couldn't even bare the thought of writing things down. She would remember if all again and cry endlessly.

The therapist nodded. She understood. She never pushed her clients but only supported them.

"It is fine. However, I do wish you start again,-

A knock on the door interrupted the therapist.

"Sorry-erm- your 11'o clock is here, m'aam" The therapist's assistant spoke.

"Thankyou Brenda, I was just about to wrap up. Would you please kindly offer them a beverage and tell them I won't be long"

"Yes of course Dr Ayer, right away!" Brenda spoke enthusiastically. She smiled at both woman and left straight away.

It had already been an hour focussing on the woman's problems that they hadn't realised they were 5 minutes over their finished time.

"How time goes fast-Sorry about that dear, as I was saying I would like you to start with the book again and we shall take it from there next session" Dr Ayer spoke kindly, writing down some notes.

The woman smiled gratefully at Dr Ayer.
If it wasn't for her she wouldn't be as she is now. Dr Ayer helped her at her lowest and she never once stopped coming to her. Somehow the trust grew into friendship and she is grateful for everything the Dr does.

"Thankyou, Dr Ayer. I will see you next week then-oh dear I have a meeting soon" The woman stood checking her watch.

Dr Ayer shook her head at her clients antics. She always seemed to forget things when she was at the session. It was like an escape of life for her. She forgot about the world around her.

"How many times have I told you to call me Josie" Dr Ayer spoke playfully.

"Yes, but that would be very unprofessional of me"

"Please, that would be me calling you Miss Julio all the time" Dr Ayer exaggerated playfully.

They both laughed.

"I'm only messing Maria, please take care of yourself" Josie said with warmth.

She always had a soft spot for these women who went through tremendous amount of pain. As a woman, she believed in woman supporting each other and that's what she was here to do. Not only support her, but help her. They grew more like friends than a Doctor and a patient.

However, Maria always liked to keeps things personal,  it became hard for her to make friends as her only friend had betrayed her. Somehow, keeping things at a level helped her, talk about problems but also be wary not to make the same mistakes.