Chapter Thirty Three - Numb

"Papa"

The voice felt distant.

"Papa"

He was numb. He felt robotic.

He has another daughter. His only thought.

Why?! He wanted to scream yet he never spoke.

Days passed by all he did was swallow his emotions up, drinking away.

He was all alone. Locked himself in his office.

"Papa, please talk to me" a brocken voice pled.

Light sobs could be heard in the dim, quiet office room.

The voices started to clear up. He knew someone was here. Looking towards the object.

The eyes of the man was so hollow as he stared at his daughter now.

Bria's face was saddened as she saw her fathers state these days. She couldn't help but feel guilt. If only she told him. Or better yet not tell him?! She couldn't help overthink.

She was lightened as she saw her father give her a notice by looking at her. He's not looked at anyone since that day. He's not been out of the home office since then. His meals were always placed outside his door which he rarely had. Luckily he had extra clothes in his office with a private bathroom but he rarely used that too. All he did was drink and stare into nothing.

He didn't want to hate her. He loved her. But she took something away from him. Something precious.  He had another daughter, he always thought.

"Papa" she cried seeing no emotions on his face.

He turned away from her again. Look at the atmosphere outside from his window.

Funny?! He laughed internally.

It's like the weathers reflecting him. It's windy gloomy and cold. Just like him.

He took another sip of his bourbon.

"Stop this please, papa we need you" she cried, pleading. Yet he never listened. He only stared outside.

His only thought repeating over and over again.

He has another daughter.

He never stopped to think how her childhood would've been. Where she grew up. Her first steps. Her first word. Did she say Papa? Like Bria did. He wondered. All his thoughts eating him up. Hours went by just thinking about her. His heart cried yet his face remained blank with dried tears flowing.

He couldn't help it.

"Stop this! Stop it! Just stop" she yelled standing up, having enough of this.

She harshly wiped her tears away and kneeled before him.

She realised he never listened. Yelling won't make him listen.

She laid her head on his lap, crying. She wanted to comfort her papa.

After 10 minutes, She smiled lightly as she felt movement on her head. His hand layed on her head. She didn't move, she didn't want the slight process to go. She smiled closing her eyes.

It was progress, she repeated.

On the other side, three males stand in a living room. One pacing with his hand on his chin and one crossed on his chest with furrowed brows, another sat down on the sofa looking almighty, glaring at the coffee table and the last one drinking normally observing the two males.