Jen-sexual

"I had no idea Portavira was so pretty," Jen said, as she and Maxwell strolled along its waterfront under the warmth of the summer sun. "I guess I've only ever been here to visit Penelope and her family, so it's nice to have a chance to explore the area." She let her fingers interlock with his playfully. "So, thank you for bringing me here."

"I knew you'd love it as much as I already did," Maxwell said with a beam. He was dressed for the summer, in brightly coloured shorts and an unbuttoned Hawaiian shirt which just about hid Mr Hippo away, and a ridiculously large pair of shades. "To me, Portavira is the LA of Cordonia. Sun, and sea, and... spaaarkle!"

She nodded, as they headed up the wooden decking path towards the beach front. But he couldn't help but look back wistfully at the rock formations along the beach. There was a little part of him that wanted to conquer that mountain and claim it in the name of House Beaumont-Jones.

"You want to go play?" Aand, she noticed.

"I do, yeah, but I gotta think about my favourite people here," he said. "Don't want you tripping and hurting yourself. There'll be time for that next summer when we bring little bean back here for their first holiday."

"Do you think we'll be able to stay anonymous enough for that?"

To be fair, it was a miracle they hadn't been recognised yet today. "True, it might be a tad trickier with a prince or princess in tow. Know why I think we're doing okay today? Most people here probably just think we're two nobodies inspired by Cordonia's most stylish couple, trying really hard to look like them."

She giggled, gesturing to her bump. "Trying so hard that they decided to have a baby too?"

"It could be a fake bump, of course, rather than 24 weeks of lovely Beaumont babba," he chuckled.

"I still can't believe what you told me this morning about their face," she said thoughtfully.

"Yep. Fully formed. Although, they do still have white hair and transparent skin. So probably best we still have another sixteen weeks to wait before their big appearance, otherwise they might freak us out!"

They continued roaming along a wide avenue; they didn't really have a destination in mind, and that was fine by Maxwell. He was just enjoying the sight of the palm trees and the scent of the salty air and the sensation of feeling so close to someone you love.

But then, he threw his brakes on. "Whoa!"

Welp, this was not an everyday occurrence, not even in the extraordinary life of Duke Maxwell. He'd just come face to face with, well, his face. More precisely, a huge poster of his staggeringly handsome face. In the window of the bookstore they were now standing in front of.

Jen's amusement was obvious. "Oh!"

"How's that for a pin-up for your wall?" He winked, and then posed for a selfie outside the window.

"Why would I need a five-times lifesize poster of my husband when the real thing is so much hotter?"

"And three dimensional." He took her hand in his, and trailed it over his exposed torso.

She pulled her hand away, and watched what he was doing with his phone in the other hand. "Wait, don't you dare put that selfie on Picta yet! We'll end up with people stalking us around Portavira!"

"Aw, okay, I'll post it later," he reluctantly agreed. "When we're safely ensconced in our hotel room."

She smiled. "Hopefully that'll be sooner rather than later. My back's starting to ache a little."