Chapter 22

Grace kept looking at the closed door. Maybe if she looked at it long enough, he would open the door again and come to her side.

But contrary to her hopes, Grace laughed at Arthur's distant footsteps.

Smiling helplessly in an empty carriage, the only thing she could do, she soon covered her face with her shaky hands.

"...What a fool." Grace murmured.

This was directed to him who went out alone, and to herself now. Laughing at him and herself, Grace realized her position for him, which had never been clear. Before she knew it, she also had him in her heart. Perhaps it was natural. He was the first person to give her a friendly touch. But when she realized that he felt the same way, Grace's mind became more complicated. The desire to get out of this carriage and hold him immediately was immense, but the fear of just running away from the horrendous afterimage of the curse caught her back.

She liked the person who treated her kindly for the first time. However, she was afraid and scared of the curse that she would face while staying with him. She didn't want to lose her second life again after being shunned by her family.

'Now I don't know myself at all. I don't know what to do or what not to do.'

Grace, who was left alone in the carriage where darkness had fallen, curled up, wiping away tears that burst out of frustration.

***

The next day, a message was delivered to Felix's mansion that the Duke and his wife were returning after the wedding celebration party.

The news of both of them being safe made a scene in Felix's mansion. Did they finally get rid of the terrible curse that had been put on the master this time? Unlike the others, the new Duchess was affectionate to the Duke, so they may be able to see the couple live happily ever after. They had such expectations.

However, the appearance of Arthur and Grace arriving at Felix's mansion was quite different from their hopes.

When Arthur arrived at the castle, he immediately got off the horse, led his knights to the tower where his office was located, and Grace got off the carriage on her own instead of her husband, the Duke's escort.

"Sister-in-law!"

Leon jumped into her arms, calling Grace with a bright face. Grace greeted the cute and friendly figure with a forced smile, "How are you, Leon?"

"Good! Oliver told me that I should stay calm until you and Brother get back, so I did!"

"Really? Leon's a good boi."

"......sister-in-law?" Leon tilted his head as he looked up. Originally, she would welcome him with a bright look, but she looked strangely weak today.

'Aren't you glad to see me?'

As Leon pouted at the thought, Sally, who approached him, mentioned, "......Prince Leon, she must be tired from riding for a long time."

"Is that so?"

"You should rest now, ma'am. Let Oliver take the Young Master for a walk today. Okay?"

"......yes, I got it...I'm sorry, Leon."

At Sally's explanation, Leon nodded back with a sullen look on his face. Grace apologized, stroking Leon's disappointed head, and then walked home with Sally's help. As she walked through the garden and up the stairs, Sally looked at her with a stiff face without saying a word.

They arrived in front of the bedroom. Grace glanced back at Sally with a short sigh and said, "... if you don't mind, don't let anyone come here until I say it's okay. And don't call me unless it's necessary."