Chapter 61

Chapter 61

Thank you for your support and !ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ

•❅─────✧❅✦❅✧─────❅• •❅─────✧❅✦❅✧─────❅•

Grace shook her head lightly instead of giving him the mask in his hand. Grace replied when Arthur was puzzled by an action different from what she said a while ago.

“…..Arthur. I have one more favour to ask of you.”

“What is it, madam?”

“Can’t you give Leon a chance to choose whether to wear and take off the mask?”

“……Ah.”

“It was heartbreaking for me to hear that the child had been terrified all the time saying that his eyes were cursed. From what I heard, the curse doesn’t seem to be activated until Leon grows up, so why don’t you give Leon the freedom not to wear a mask if he doesn’t want to?”

“…….”

“And anyway, before the child grows up and becomes an adult, we’re going to break this curse. Can’t we?”

Arthur, who quietly listened to Grace, smiled bitterly and then nodded as if in agreement with her.

“……I’m very ashamed of myself and sorry for Leon after listening to my wife. Up until now, I have only focused on running away because I am afraid that people will point fingers, and that they will fall victim to the curse because of me.”

“…..Arthur.”

“Neither I nor Leon will run away like this anymore. Like my courageous wife.”

Arthur briefly kissed Grace’s cheek, which was exposed as he replied.

Unlike the kiss she had received while wearing the mask, Grace was more embarrassed than usual by Arthur’s body scent and breathing sound, which she felt more directly on her cheek and the soft touch on her skin. Arthur looked at her with a sweet gaze as if she was lovely.

With such sweet conversations and eyes like honey, the two entered the annex where Grace lived.

At a time when the night shift had not yet taken place, the two crept up the dark stairs with dim candles, like naughty children who had sneaked out of the bedroom.

Soon after, the two arrived in front of Grace’s bedroom and met Sally, who was dozing off in a chair in front of the door.

Sally, who had been dozing off with a bible in her hand all the time until the two of them got closer, opened her eyes in a flash to the presence of the two. Then Sally, who hurriedly got up, opened her eyes wide on Arthur’s face without the mask and quickly approached him and shouted.