Chapter 67

•❅─────✧❅✦❅✧─────❅• •❅─────✧❅✦❅✧─────❅•

“……Grace?”

“Yes! That useless thing! Father saw it, too! The Crown Prince, who saw her getting uncomfortable with mother’s cake that day, blatantly took her side!”

Duke Alberton looked momentarily stunned at the sight of Marianne, who screamed with vigour.

However, as soon as he recalled Marianne’s words again and reflected on the situation in the drawing-room at that time. Duke Alberton remembered as Marianne said, that the Crown Prince’s eyes and behaviour toward Grace were unusual.

‘No wonder. That’s why the Crown Prince insisted on breaking the marriage more strongly than before. …Belial, you a$$hole! You must have seen all those words going back and forth in the Imperial Palace through Gregory! You told me only half of what you saw!’

Duke Alberton reflected on Belial’s strange giggling behaviour whenever he saw him these days. And comforted his eldest daughter, Marianne, whose neck was flushed with a bad temper.

“I didn’t know that. I just thought the Crown Prince did it because he hated you.”

“My mother immediately recognized it, but my father is so slow! Seriously, father, you should have seen how the Crown Prince was looking at Grace at that time. He is a man who had never, ever looked at me like that! How sweet and attentive he looked at that little thing!  … … I thought I was going to die of anger.”

“… … Yes. I’m sorry.”

When Duke Alberton handed over an apology, Marianne burst into tears.

She was so angry that she couldn’t stand it. She wasn’t particularly sad that the Crown Prince loved and his heart was inclined to another woman other than her.

No woman would love a monster who regularly takes the blood of mad women of Duke Felix to save his life.

So did Marianne. Anyway, for Marianne as long as he was there as the father of the child she would give birth to and as the person who would make her the empress. It didn’t matter whether there were hundreds or thousands of people as his lovers.

However, Marianne was unbearably angry that the prince tried to break the marriage with her, and the reason was that ‘Grace Alberton’, an insignificant one compared to her.

The idiot who was not born with magical powers and lived as a parasitic in the family like a rat that just eats food or livestock without taking on the responsibility and duty as the heir of the great Alberton family like herself.

Grace was just a little more fair-faced than she was, and she’s kind to servants and maids to the point that she wants to be subservient. The mean girl, who is unknowingly sympathetic to the people around her for simply that reason.

At an early age, she was instilled in the secrets of her family and her duties as heir to Duke Alberton and continued to train painfully every day. In the end, unlike her, who has to spend her whole life with a monster-like crown prince who doesn’t even love her, Grace was just like a weed growing in the field, a good-for-nothing girl, who luckily meets the monster and is loved by him.

‘I never thought that the darn idiot would take the crown prince’s heart.’

Marianne gritted her teeth recalling the scene of the drawing-room a few days ago, where Crown Prince Owen, whose body was sitting next to her, but his eyes were following only that d@mn Grace.