Chapter 25

"Why did you come so late?"

"I've been waiting."

In a wide dark drawing room with thick curtains, four people dressed in robes, sat together at a round table. They turned to the man's presence.

The man greeted them with a brief nod and went to the only vacant seat. Then, the man in the smallest chair looked at the man and called out to him.

"You're a little late today."

"There was a reasonable situation."

"Oh, can I ask you what the hell is more urgent than this?"

At the man's reply, one of the men opposite him sarcastically said his words in a thin voice. At the sight, the man laughed faintly, and spoke sarcastically at the character of the charismatic voice.

"Well, I don't think it's an obligation to answer that to Lady."

The woman in front of the man bit her red lower lip, which appeared beneath her robe with vexation.

The man looked at the woman, who stared at him coldly, with disdain in his eyes. For him now, such a threat from a woman was nothing more than a mouse baring its teeth.

"Now, now, both of you, let's stop the war of nerves."

As the two exchanged cold glances, another man sitting next to them interrupted.

Then the woman, who had been staring coldly at the man, turned around. Another man slightly frowned at the figure and immediately looked back at the man sitting next to him and said,

"Make sure you leave a little early. You should not be so late every time."

"I'm sorry. I'll be careful."

At his rebuke, the man smiled shyly and apologized. At the sight, he hardened his mouth unpleasantly, but soon asked the man next to him in a calm voice.

"By the way, how's everything going?"

When asked, the other man twisted the corners of his mouth, smiled and replied.

"As you wish, things are going smoothly."

"......That means."

"Yes, I think the monster is beginning to give his heart to the offering."

"Oh, is that so? I'm glad to hear that!"

In response to the man's answer, a person who had been sitting silently so far raised his voice as if he was pleased. The man bowed slightly to him to show courtesy and continued to look straight at the person sitting next to him.

"If this continues, I'll probably be able to proceed with the 'work' in a few months."

The man smiled insidiously, saying so. Then one person, whom the man had been staring at all the time, turned his head in an uncomfortable way. Instead, another person sitting next to him carefully asked the man.

[T/N: AGH... There are so many people.... It's so confusing◉‿◉]

"Do we have to wait that long? Can't we quicken the timing?"

The man replied, shaking his head.

"I'm sorry, but that's a problem."

"....Why? Wouldn't your magical powers be enough?"

"There's a reason for everything. The curse has only sprouted, and we need a little more time to get things done."

"......Is that so?"