Chapter 58

❅─────✧❅✦❅✧─────❅ ❅─────✧❅✦❅✧─────❅

Arthur, who was frozen for a moment at her appearance, immediately stretched out his arms and hugged her. Grace continued, digging deeper into Arthurs arms that wrapped around her shoulders and back.

"That night, I met His Highness the Crown Prince because he hid the fact that I hid in my father's study from my father."

"You were hiding in Duke Alberton's study?"

Arthur was startled at that, and gently pulled Grace from her arms and looked at her. Grace answered, staring lovingly at Arthur's Odd-Eye, who seemed to have a lot to ask.

"Yes. I'm trying to find out the secret of the Curse that involves you, Leon, and the former Duke and Duchess of Felix, and how to unravel it."

"Aaaahhh."

"I'm sorry. I asked Sally because I was curious. She told me everything. Was it something I shouldn't have done?"

"Its not like that. What Duke Alberton investigated about the death of both of my parents and what happened to me was like an open secret among the sarcastic royal family who liked to talk. I thought my wife would already know before marrying me."

"I didn't know. My father has never talked to me about family affairs, especially magic. No, the truth is, I never had a conversation with my father for more than a minute. Because my father regarded me as less valuable than his servants."

As Grace spoke in a light tone on purpose, there was faint compassion in Arthur's eyes as he looked at her.

Seeing his gaze like that, Grace continued to speak with a brighter expression on her face.

"Actually, that's why I agreed to my sister's invitation on purpose. I was going to sneak into my father's study and look at his records."

"If that was the case, why didn't you ask Sally or someone else to do it?"

"No. I can't do that. Its about your father and mother, and you and Leon. I wanted to find out with my own hands. And it was based on the calculation that it would be good to act by looking around when caught trying to infiltrate. Anyway, I took advantage of the crowds attention on my sister at the party, sneaked out, recalled the route and headed to my fathers study. There, I found a notebook with the investigation records that Sally mentioned, and I hid it in my dress. But then, someone came into the study at that time."

"Was that the Crown Prince, as you said?"

"Yes. His Highness told me to hide, so I hid under my fathers desk in a trance. And after a while, my father came into the study."

"Aaaahhh."

"At that time, if my father found out that I had hidden in the study, I would have lost the record I collected. So, I did what His Highness told me to do, he hid me and told me to come out to the secret garden of the Alberton Mansion afterwards if I wanted to keep this a secret."

"I see."

Arthur answered with a thoughtful expression, and Grace reached out to Arthur and said, staring at the blue and red Odd-Eye hidden behind his mask.

"And in the secret garden, he asked me how much I love you, and he confessed his heart freely. And I refused, and I ran away from him. That's really all it is. Nothing happened more than that. So trust me. Arthur."

"Yes. I trust you, my wife."

Arthur replied affectionately, sweeping down the lovely hair of Grace, who tells him to trust in her.