Chapter 43

❅─────✧❅✦❅✧─────❅ ❅─────✧❅✦❅✧─────❅

"How am I supposed to find a reason?"

When Grace barely plucked up the courage and asked Owen back, Owen replied as if he had been waiting for her to say something like that.

"Choose me. You can do that."

"Just what did you say?"

"If you choose me, you can have both life and status."

Owen then, deliberately took a step away from Grace. Then he stared straight into Graces eyes, whose eyelashes were still trembling with anxiety and confusion.

"The moment you choose that monster, the only thing waiting for you is death."

After saying that, Owen smiled. It was like a prophets choice from God and a glimpse into the future.

Grace felt a sense of unexplained fear creeping from her head to her toes.

"No, I don't think so."

Now Owens words are just false courtship. That wordsmith is not even a prophet. Therefore, there is no need to listen to his words.

Its just the fear of wrong courting of this man, and she doesn't know what shes going to do about him. Grace thought so.

However, the more she tried not to give meaning to Owens words, and the more she tried to reassure herself. In Graces head, the more dreams she had in the morning constantly overlapped and came to mind.

Numerous men tied her body, her father looking down at her. And a man stabbing a knife into his heart without hesitation, and getting her blood poured out. The man.

"!"

At that moment, Grace was like it came to her mind as vividly as if someone had unfolded a picture in her head.

It was the face of the person who was stabbing the knife into her chest in the terrible nightmare she had dreamed of. And he was very similar to the man who was standing right in front of her, Owen.

As soon as Grace realized it she pushed Owen roughly, who was looking at her from about a step away, and started running forward like crazy.

"Wait! Grace!"

Owen called her from behind, but Grace didnt look back.

No, she didn't have time to look back. Now she had no reason to beg him to hide the fact that she broke into the study of her father, Duke Alberton, or to ask why he referred to himself as a monster a while ago.

All that was left of her, the only string of reason she held, was the survival instinct to run away from the man who was relentlessly stabbing a knife into her heart, just taking the notes of Duke Alberton hidden in her waist.

Where did this fear of constantly warning her to run away come from?

Was it really out of the mind that she didnt want to lose her life that she barely recovered, or was this also due to the curse placed on her? Without knowing why Grace ran endlessly to escape from this terrible horror.

Will this fear disappear if she runs away and runs as fast as he can and meets Sally, the only one who is on her side in this mansion? Grace wanted to see Sallys face at this moment. No, she wanted to see the faces of Arthur and Leon.

"Madam!"

How long did she run like that?

In front of Grace, she could see the old door of the annex and Sally standing in front of it with an anxious face.