Chapter 50

****

Of all things! That fishy thing happened to be Grace? Mother must have noticed the gaze of His Highness, who was drawn to the rather flat-faced thing that was not born with magical abilities and is only a shame to the family!

"..Yeah. You were looking at it very explicitly."

"On top of that, he even stopped her from eating the cake! Ha! How can he do that? Now, because of someone, I even sent an invitation to bring that crappy one!"

"Yeah, its all because of His Highness. Sure, sure."

Patting Marianne, who was venting her anger in her arms, Duchess Alberton also bit her lower lip, recalling what happened a while ago.

Grace should have just taken a bite of the cake.

If she had been, things would have worked out easily. Because inside the cake, there was a magic potion made by Duke Alberton.

If it had entered Graces body, it would have given wings to the sluggish curse power. As for Duchess Alberton, it was only a pity to see Grace moving around again.

Duchess Alberton hugged Marianne as if comforting her and revealed her true feelings.

At least it would have been easy if His Highness hadn't sided with her who was shaking like a rat in the rain.

"Yes. If she had just eaten that cake! ..But mother, wasnt Grace's reaction so suspicious back then? Seeing the cake and shivering was a reaction that seemed to know what we had done in it."

Reflecting on Graces actions a while ago, when Marianne asked a question with scepticism. Duchess Alberton snorted and replied.

"The incompetent cannot have sensed the power of the magic potion in the cake. It was just luck."

"... I guess so?"

"Of course! Or maybe, it would be the influence of the blood of our Alberton ancestors flowing through her body. Even if she weren't born with any abilities, it's true that she inherited your fathers blood and was born in my womb."

"... That's true."

Marianne's doubts dispelled, that had risen in her mind, at the words of Duchess Alberton, who answered insignificantly.

"Damn it, lucky girl!"

Marianne grinded her teeth again, remembering Grace, who had escaped death again.

"It looks like that damn thing was born with an abundance of luck instead of magical power. At the Wedding Celebration, she avoided the curse magic hidden in the blessing spell, and she was fine even after sleeping two nights under the curse amplification magic circle designed by him."

"I know. Really, I can only say it's the devils luck."

"Duke Felix probably didn't do anything, right?"

"No way. If he had that kind of ability, he would have tried to erase the name Cursed Duke from me."

"In fact. There is no way that a coward who puts on a black mask like a mourning dress will have such the ability to avoid public gaze and pointing fingers. Really, he seems to be the biggest beneficiary of the secret that my father revealed."

"Yeah. Youre right. My pretty daughter."

"But I can't help but be angry because they don't know the subject and dare to talk to us and reign like a superior! Did you hear that, too, mother? Last night's party! Seriously, just thinking about it makes me want to kill that damn thing with a curse right away!"