41

Qi Baicha wanted to use the soul extraction technique on the woman on the bed. After extracting her soul and asking it, or directly searching her memory, he would know what actually happened to her.

However, the light of his fingertips had just appeared, when the door of the ward was suddenly pushed open by someone. Qi Baicha immediately withdrew his supernatural power and made himself invisible at the same time.

Liu Yanxin had left and came back, a woman who looked very similar to Fang Ya'er also coming in together with her.

Neither of them noticed the invisible Qi Baicha standing beside them, only staring at the woman on the hospital bed.

Fang Ya'er dazedly stared at the woman sleeping on the hospital bed, and saying in disbelief: "... Chen Shimiao and I have swapped bodies."

This was different from ordinary transmigration. She was obviously still alive, but she had exchanged bodies with another person, and the ten-something years of hard work she had struggled through was all in vain.

How could she stand it?

"I want to confront her, I want to ask her to clarify in person." Fang Ya'er said, about to go forward and push her awake.

Liu Yanxin hurriedly pulled her back: "Ya'er, don't be impulsive, you can't beat the grass and startle the snake. Let's talk outside."

The two walked to the corridor outside the ward. Fang Ya'er covered her face, her eyes reddish: "Xin-jie, why didn't you let me wake her up? Is it because you don't believe me?"

"Of course I believe you." Liu Yanxin comforted her, "I thought it was weird a long time ago. I told you early on that that woman's heart isn't righteous. You didn't listen to my advice; do you know the consequences now? You guys switching bodies definitely wasn't for no reason, she had always been wanting to replace you. I don't know what kind of evil sorcery was used either, but we can't beat her now. In case she's rashly alarmed, what would you do if she did something to you again?"

Fang Ya'er wiped her tears: "Then, what should I do?"

Liu Yanxin thought about it: "I'll take you to find a master."

"What master?"

"Your Xin-jie has meddled in the industry for so many years, the things I'm lacking the least are contacts. I hear about all kinds of news. Recently, there's been a master. Although he's not well-known right now, he can make people's wishes come true; his magic ability is very strong. Let's go find him for help. Regardless of what ghost or monster Chen Shimiao found, I promise he can solve it for you."

"Why does this sound like some fraudulent diviner..."

"A few celebrities in the industry paid him a visit, then they immediately became popular. Also, before, Yang Sha and Yu Liting were contending for being a movie's first female lead. Yang Sha privately paid the master a visit. A few days later, Yu Liting got into a car accident and had to recuperate, and the role fell into Yang Sha's hands."

"This, it sounds detrimental to oneself, this master doesn't look like a good person..."

"You must not have the heart to have others, but you must have the heart to defend yourself. It's not like we're asking him to hurt others. Right now, you've been harmed by someone else. No matter what method is used, you still need to switch your bodies back first. At this point, we can only treat a dead horse as a living one."
t/n: treating a dead horse as a living one = knowing it​​'s hopeless but still making a last-ditch attempt

"... Then let's give it a try."

After Liu Yanxin and Fang Yaer finished discussing, they went downstairs together and prepared to go to the master's place.