Chapter 4: Mind Games

𓂀

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

𝙎𝙖𝙡𝙫𝙖𝙜𝙚 𝙔𝙖𝙧𝙙, 𝘼𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝘾𝙤𝙖𝙨𝙩

We wondered into a dirty old warehouse, loud groans from men at work filled our ears as we looked at all the machinery and weapons being transported. Men shouting over each other, running around making ends meet.

"Don't tell me your men swindled you." Klaue voiced, looking outside the windows from his office. "I sent you six short range heat seekers and got a boat full of rusted parts. Now, you will make it right, or the next missile I send you will come very much faster." He yelled into the phone, hanging up in annoyance.

"Now, minister, where were we?" he talked slyly at the new caller.

All machinery and electrics powered down with a click. Workers shouted out, there words clamouring together. Flashlights filled the dark building. Klaue, knowing something was about to happen, searched for his gun that was placed on a table, with a glass of liquor and photos ahead.

Slowly, he held the gun to his side, treading lightly towards the door, sending a bullet flying. Without any time to think, a silver blur flashed in front of him, removing the gun from hand.

All 9 bullets layed perfectly upright on the table, gun beside it, leaving a sound of clinkering behind.

With a sound of a sigh, Klaue turned to see Pietro, crossed arms, looking at him.

I walked in first, followed by Wanda, tilting her head. I stared straight into the mans eyes, a shine of blue light my eyes.

"Yeah. The Enhanced." He looked from Wanda to Pietro to me. "Strucker's prize pupils." I scoffed at him as he sat down, grabbing a silver bowl from the desk. "Do you want a candy? Hmm?" none of us took our eyes of the man as he held the bowl out from him.

" I was sorry to hear about Strucker. But then, he knew what kind of world he was helping create. Human life. Not growth market." Pietro looked down, confused on what Klaue was stating. Our brother looked to us, Wanda glanced back, I didn't take my eyes of the target.

"You didn't know? Is this your first time intimidating someone?" My brown eyes changed to sapphire, as I head tilted at him.

"I'm afraid I'm not that afraid."

"Everybody is afraid of something." I spoke in my thick Sokovian accent, as Wanda walked into the room, standing beside me.

"Cuttlefish." It was Wanda's turn to tilt her head at the man speaking. "Deep sea fish. They make lights, disco lights..." He began to make a weird noise, imitating the sound of cuttlefish. "... to hypnotize their prey, and then..." he grabs the air past with making a whoosh sound. "I saw a documentary. It was terrifying."