Chapter 14: Winter Soldier

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

📍𝘽𝙚𝙧𝙡𝙞𝙣, 𝙂𝙚𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙮

I was waiting till the man, Bucky, woke up. Sam and Steve was standing by the door, watching the helicopter fly past as I lent on the wall behind me. My attention was caught as the man ahead of me groaned, waking up.

"Sorry about that." He turned from looking at the metal arm to me. "precaution." I continued as Bucky sighed, looking back as I turned to call out for the men. "Stevie, Sammy." I was soon met with the two men on my right.

"Steve."

"Which Bucky am I talking to?"

"Your mom's name was Sarah. You used to wear newspapers in your shoes." He chuckled, thinking of it.  "Can't read that in a museum."

"just like that, we're supposed to be cool?"

"I can always read this mind." I piped in, arms crossed. "No!" Steve snapped back.

"What did I do?"

"Enough." I looked from the blonde to the tired soldier. "Oh, God, I knew this would happen. Everything HYDRA put inside me is still there. All he had to do was say the goddamn words." I tilted my head at him.

"Who was he?" I asked. "I don't know."

"people are dead. The bombing, the setup, the doctor did all that just to get 10 minutes with you. I need you to better than 'I don't know'"

"Steve." I gritted my teeth, warning Steve to treed lightly. "He wanted to know about Siberia... Where I was kept." Buck tried wrapping his mind. "He wanted to know exactly where."

"Why would he need to know that?" We all looked confused, "Because I'm not the only Winter Soldier." Bucky then started to explain further to what he meant. The serum, the five soldiers, their training. "Who were they?"

"Their most elite death squad. More kills than anyone in HYDRA history. And that was before the serum."

"Anara, did you hear about any of this?" Steve snapped me out of thought. "Oh, umm, no. We umm, were kept off grid. Rarely left that base." I trailed off, meeting Bucky's blue eyes.

"They all turn out like you?" Sam broke the tension. "Worse."

"The doctor, could he control them?" Steve now asked. "Enough."

"Said he wanted to see an empire fall."

"With these guys, he could do it. They speak 30 languages, can hide in plain sight... infiltrate, assassinate, destabilize. They can take a whole country down in one night, you'd never see them coming."

Sam walked over to talk to Steve, I stepped forward to the assassin, wanting to ask more. "They're not inevitable. I can still use my powers on them."

He looked to me, not answering for a beat. "Possibly. I - I don't know." I sent him a warm smile, helping him remove his arm from the machine. "Your..."

"Anara." I realised he was trying to remember what I was called earlier. "And your Bucky." A sad nod went to him. "Sorry."

"About what?"

"You were involuntary involved with HYDRA, and I easily went, unknowing of who they truly are."

"And now?" He looked up to me, still tense. "Now, I help those who cant help themselves and try my best to correct my past. I won't ever be able to apologize for my part but I had lost too." I looked down, trying to not think of Pietro. I was pulled out of thought when he gently placed his metal hand on my arm in comfort. I sent back a thankful smile.

A cough behind us sent us out of thought. "We're leaving."

"Where?" I left the cold metal drop from my arm, turning round to face the other men. "To get help."

We got to this really not undercover car, driving to meet Sharon under a bridge. "You know, this isn't very discrete." I shouted out to Steve as I circled the car.

"Shotgun." Sam voiced, walking past me to the car. "No you're not, Wilson."

"Really, Ana-" I cut him off, my hands going either side of his head as he stepped back, opening the door for me and shutting it after. "Thank you, Sam." His eyes faded blue, shaking his head as he gained back himself. "I really hate when you do that, A." "I know." I chuckle as Sam eye rolled, walking to get in the other side of the back seat.

"So you can control minds?" I looked back to the confused soldier. "Upon other things, yes."

"Time to go." Steve got on, moving to drive to the meeting place.

"Wanda?" I turn to the blonde. "Clint's getting her. She's fine, Anara." I took a deep breath, the car coming to a halt, Steve getting out.

"Who else, Sam?"

"Umm, Clint, Wanda, us four and Ant-man."

"Ant-man?"

"Long story." I nod, turning to face Steve.

"Can you move your seat up?" I smirk, replying back to Barnes. "Nope." He then turned to Sam. "Can you move over?" with no emotion Sam responded. "No." Bucky sighed, moving slightly over to the side. "Jeez, get off me man." I chuckled at Sam's words.

"Play nice." I tried to hide my smile. "I won't hesitate to whoop your ass, Maximoff."

"I won't hesitate to whoop your mind, Samuel." I notice a small smile creep up on Bucky's face. "What's your actual name?" His faced looked puzzled "I mean, I can't imagine someone naming you Bucky in the 40's."

"James."

"James." I repeated, smiling. "I like it."

Our attention then went to the two making out outside, Sharon and Steve. The two men in the car was grinning, head nodding, while I raised an eyebrow. Steve looked back to us, seeing our reaction, sighing at the childish behaviour of his friends.

"I guess he doesn't like you after all, Ana." I didn't take long till I send a small blue hue to his forehead, making it feel like someone flicked him. "Ow."

"Next time, it will hurt more." Sam mumbled something, rubbing his head.

"Ready?" Steve got into the car. "Sharon?" I ask. "Yeah." He sheepishly said, beginning to drive on.

𖨆