* Epilouge *

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙔𝙤𝙧𝙠
𝘿𝙖𝙮 after  𝙏𝙤𝙣𝙮'𝙨 𝙁𝙪𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙡

"Remember... you have to return the stones to the exact moment you got 'em... or you're gonna open up a bunch of nasty alternative realities." 

Smart - Hulk had build a mini quantum tunnel with the help of Rocket before he left and Scott had gotton us more particles from Hank Pym. 

It was Tony's Funeral yesterday and I was currently with Sam, Bucky and Bruce as Steve prepared to go to return the stones.

"Don't worry, Bruce. Clip all the branches."

"You know, I tried. When I had the gauntlet, the stones, I really tried to bring her back. I miss her, man."

"Me, too." 

I smiled at Steve as he walked over to me and Bucky. "You know, if you want, I could come with you." I faintly heard Sam say. "You're a good man, Sam. This one's on me, though."

"Steve." I nodded to him. "Anara." He smiled back before pulling in me in for a hug. 

"I'm gonna miss you, Steven Grant Rogers." I whispered to him and he pulled back and looked to me with a slight shook expression. I pointed to my head and he understood. 

Something felt a little off about Steve the past few days, so I read his mind and found out his plan. 

"Don't do anything stupid till I get back." Rogers said to his best friend and I stepped aside to give them their space. "How can I? You're taking all the stupid with you."

The two of the them moved in for a hug. Once they pulled back, Steve said something else to him. "Take care of her, she's been through a lot and needs you as much as you need her."

"I will, Steve. Promise." Buck nodded back. "Gonna miss you, buddy."

"It's gonna be okay, Buck." With that Steve began to ascent to the platform, and I made my way back to beside Bucky, linking my arm around his. 

"How long is this gonna take?" Sam asked as Steve's suit wrapped over him. "For him, as long as he needs. For us, five seconds." Bruce replied and Rogers picked up the hammer. 

"You ready, Cap?" Bruce asked and he nodded. "All right, we'll meet you back here, okay?"

"You bet." he sent one last look to the trio of us, before his helmet covered his face. "Going quantum. Three... two... one." and with that, he was gone.

"And returning in five... four... three... two... one." and nothing. he never did come back. I took a deep breath and smiled softly. He wanted a normal life and now he can have it. He deserves it. I sent a soft smile to James, linking my fingers with his to calm his nerves and felt him absentmindedly, playing with the rings on my fingers. 

"I don't know. He blew right by his time stamp. He should be here." Bruce and Sam began worrying. With my hand linked with James, we both began to walk off, until something caught our eye.

"Get him back."

"I'm trying."

"Get him the hell back."

"Hey, I said I'm trying."

"Sam." Bucky cut of the pair arguing and all three of us looked to where Steve now sat by the water front. Even from facing away from us, we could tell he lived his life and had now grown old. 

"Go ahead." James said to Wilson. I nodded to Sam and he walked to him. 

"Do you think he was finally happy?"

"Yeah, doll. Are you." I rested my head on his shoulder, he lent down to kiss my head. "With you, always."