Chapter 21: Protection

۞

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

𝙒𝙖𝙠𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙖

"Stevie, you wanted to see me?" I asked entering the room, seeing the gloomy expression on their faces. "Someone died?" I joked to ease the tension, but it didn't work.

A beeping noise filled the silence and my attention now on Okoye. I walked more into the room and passed by Wanda, placing my hand on her shoulder in a way on comfort. "It will be fine." I whispered to her in Sokovian.

A blue hologram hovered above the tribe member's palm. "Something's entered the atmosphere."

"Hey, Cap, we got a situation here." Sam's voice entered through the comms. I walked to the big open window, seeing explosions hit as they crash into the barrier. "God, I love this place." I calmed slightly hearing Bucky's voice.

"Yeah, don't start celebrating yet, guys." War machine stated from his suit as he surveillance the area. "We got more incoming outside the dome." The ships crashed into the tree covered area.

"It's too late." I turned to look back at the bot. "We need to destroy the stone now." He made a move to get up, but I eye rolled and looked sternly to him. "Vis, get your synthezoid ass back on the table."

"We will hold them off." Natasha walked out followed by T'challa. I stood beside Wanda, sliding my hand into hers that was by her side, the same thing we did with Pietro when any of us was nervous. God I missed him.

"Wanda, Anara, as soon as that stone's out of his head... you blow it to hell." We nodded back in reply. "We will."

"Evacuate the city. Engage all defences. And get this man a shield." The remaining people existed the room except me, Vis, Wanda and Shuri.

The Avengers and the Tribe warriors made their way in a rush to the edge of the boarder, arriving in fast hovering cars. "How we looking Bruce?" the assassin spoke through the ear device. "Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of it."

"Wow! This is amazing, man. It's like being the Hulk without actually..." and with that the doctor in an Iron suit, tripped over a rock, landing on his face.

"I've got two heat signatures breaking through the tree line."

"So, you and the solider." I looked to my sister beside me and a smirk grew on my lips. "Didn't see that coming."

I walked over to the table to see how far we are done. "Shuri?" after she pressed a new buttons, the princess spoke. "We need more time." I nodded and looked to Vis. "If this does not work, Anara, promise me you will destroy the stone." Vision whispered to me so Wanda couldn't hear. "Vis."  "Promise me. Wanda shouldn't do this at lest not alone. It will hurt her." I sent him a sad smile, grabbing his hand. "Promise, V."

"Where's your other friend?" I listened to the comm when hearing Nat's voice. "You will pay for his life with yours." I heart the faint voice of the alien from Scotland. "Is that the one from yesterday? Tell her I said 'Hi'." I joked into the ear piece I had. "What?" I saw Wanda look at me with a look of annoyance.

"Thanos will have that stone."

"That's not gonna happen." Steve spoke, walking closer to the window to see if I could see what was happening. "You are in Wakanda now. Thanos will have nothing but dust and blood."

"We have blood to spare." I watched as the ships rumbled from the ground, rising slightly in the air. Aliens began swarming out the ships and towards the boarder of the dome.

The chanting of the Wakanda's was heard as they spoke in Xhosa, preparing themselves for war. Thanos' army grew closer and bigger, being blocked of by the protective barrier.

"Looks like we pissed her off." The Russian muttered, I bit my lip, remembering how me and Nat stabbed the aliens friend. the alien army pushed themselves through the barrier, cutting of their own limbs as they try to pry there way in. "They're killing themselves."

A few of the creatures got through, screeching in success. The Wakanda's built a shield around at the front of the tribes, repeating the words in Xhosa. The aliens that had gotton through were either shot down by the Kingsguard or Rhodes and Sam who flew over.

"You see the teeth on those things?" I faintly heard Sam speak. "All right, back up, Sam. You're gonna get your wings singed." War Machine dropped explosive tins to the ground, blowing up the creatures at the front line. More and more kept coming, not backing down.

"Cap, if these things circle the perimeter and get in behind us... there's nothing between them and Vision." My breath got caught in my throat as Banner spoke. This could be the end. "Then we better keep 'em in front of us."

"How do we do that?"

"We open the barrier." I shared a look with Shuri at T'challa's words. "On my signal, open North-West section seventeen."

"Requesting confirmation, My King. You said open the barrier?" He nodded. "On my signal."

"This will be the end of Wakanda."

"Then it will be the noblest ending in history."

The barrier surrounding the tribes slowly vanished. "Are you sure, Steve. I-I don't want you all to die." I muttered into the ear comm, walking away from the people around me. "If you do this its suicide and I'll personally hunt you down and kill you myself." I bit my lip to hold back tears. "Just protect Vision and we'll be fine." I nodded even though they couldn't hear me. "I'm still gonna kill you, Ste." I heard a faint chuckle from Bucky but soon the tension in the air spread.

"Wakanda forever!"

With a yell, they all advanced towards the barrier, a blue light opening the dome. The aliens snarled, running through the gap. Steve and T'challa gained more speed, attacking first to the creatures.