Chapter 28: Coping

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

Norway, 2019

"Thor?" I called out, walking into to the hut. "It's Anara. Are you home?" I sighed, dropping my keys on side table and walking into the God's small hut. "I swear to the God's of planet earth I'll magic your ass if you don't come out." I continued walking around until landing by the back door. There in the rain stood Thor a few feet away.

"Thor!" I yelled, wrapping my arms around me. He turned to me with a grin and opened his arm outwards. "Anara! Hello!" I tilted my head to him when he didn't move. Just standing there. "Are you coming in or...?"

"I'm quite enjoying myself out here, Lady Ana." I looked up to sky and let out a frustrated huff. "Give me the strength not to kill him." I muttered and held my hoodie closer to myself as I ran across the damp grass to him.

"Thor what is going on?"

"Nothing little one." He looked up and let the heavy rain hit his face. "Are you drunk?" I grabbed his arm to make him pay attention to me. "Of course not. I cannot get drunk."

"Idiot." I muttered and linked my hand to his as I pulled him inside. "Ana-"  "I swear Thor I will personally bring your mother back to whoop your Asgardian ass if you dare say one more thing." He swallowed back the lump in this throat and stayed quite while I dragged him back into his house.

"Dry then put this on." I chucked him a towel and a hoodie that was in his room. "You're w-" I held up my finger to him, signalling him to shut it. "I'm using your jumper and I'm keeping it. Problem?" He knew by that Sokovian head tilt not to mess with me so he just shook his head. "Good."

I turned away from him and pulled the wet hoodie I was wearing off, leaving me in my jeans and a black bra before putting on the white jumper of the gods on.

"Now Do you have food?" I asked as I walked to the kitchen, finally looking back to see him sitting on the couch with his head in his hands. "Thor." My voice was soft as I spoke. "Hmm."

My legs carried me to where he sat and I cleared the beer cans off the table in front of him and sat down so I was ahead of him. "I need you to look at me please." He slowly looked up and I gently held his hands with mine. "Thor, this is not healthy." I looked around, gesturing to the lack of food and the excessive alcohol. "I'm fine."

"I know that lie. I've been using that since I was eleven. I know it hurts and your feelings are valid, but this, this drinking is not. This is depression."

"I'm a god, Anara, I can not have Midgardian feelings." I held his hands tighter. "You're not invincible. You die. You bleed. This isn't something to be ashamed by, but I can help okay. You need to let me help."

"You don't get it." He stood up abruptly and my hands feel down to my lap. "You are of earth as the rest. This isn't what a king should do." I now stood up, even though I was shorter but the sternness in my voice made him feel small. "Sit your ass down." He tried to hide that it affected him so I dropped all kindness and looked up to him once more. "Hit me."

"What." Thor uttered. "Hit me. Let it out. Let all that anger out." I grabbed his hand and held it to my face. "Hit me. Kill me if you want then I will finally be able to see my family again." Tears flooded his eyes. "I will not hurt you, Anara. I am sorry." He sat back down and took a deep breath. calming my self and wiping my eyes dry.

"Thor I am sorry. It's not fair for you or me or anyone but right now we need to try our best. I know its hard and I'll try to help you feel the best you can but you need to stop this drinking." He nodded back but looked down. "I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." he started to ramble and I could hear the sniffling. I instantly hugged him and not let go. His arms went around my waist and his head on my shoulder. "It's okay. Shhh." I whispered calming words into his ear while I used my other hand to run through his hair.

"It's my fault they are gone. You should be mad at me." I swayed slightly to help calm him. "It's not your fault. None of us could have known the outcome. If we were together or I was stronger then it would have been fine but I know for you everything wouldn't be solved if the blip didn't happen."

It took him a while before he calmed down and I smiled lightly to him as I moved back where I could see him. "I'm sorry I made you come here and deal with.." I shook my head. "I'm sorry I didn't come sooner. I was grieving in a bad way too. I'm still not better but I wanted to check up on you." He let out a small chuckle. "Maybe you should rule what's left of Asguard." I smiled sadly. "I don't think I could ever be as good as you, Thor Odinson." He smiled back to me.

"Let's get some food, shall we?" I stood up and walked to the small kitchen. "I do not have anything." I tutted back to his answer, opening the fridge. "Play one of them stupid video games and give me thirty minutes. I grabbed some stuff I could find and held my hands out as I teleported the essentials I needed. I ignored what ever gaming Thor was doing as I let myself calm down while I cooked.

As the sauce simmered, I grabbed a trash bag and started cleaning up his small hut. I put the beers, full and empty, away and the rest in the bin. I made sure his bed was made and by the time It was all done the timer went off four food. I grabbed some utensils and placed the dinner into the bowels.

"Thor, dinner is served." I passed him the food and grabbed my own before sitting beside him on the sofa. "Hmm. This is delicious. What is this?"

I smiled at his words. "My mother used to make it for us. It's a classic Sokovian dish." He smiled back at me and continued to eat. "My mother would have loved you. Loki as well." I instantly chuckled at the thought. "Wow, I would have impressed a Queen and the God of Mischief. I feel honoured." He smiled but it didn't reach the sadness in his eyes. I set my bowl down and placed a hand on his arm. "I am truly sorry and I know it might not help but I am. If you ever need anything you can come to see me or call me, you may have to ask Val on that."

"Thank you, Anara. You are a rare one." He smiled a genuine smile to me and I copied it back.