Chapter 18: Wakanda

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

📍𝘞𝘢𝘬𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘢

It had been three months since the last visit. Bucky was curranty asleep in his bed that was placed in the 'castle' as I like to call it. He normally stayed in a small hut at the edge of town but when I would come to visit he normally would stay inside so that I would see him.

It started after I had a nightmare I had and didn't want him to leave, then he had nightmares and I would help calm him down.

The last few days had been exhausting. We were nearly caught in east Europe before having to rush off elsewhere. I suggested we layed low in Wakanda, but Steve said it would be risky so I practically begged to let myself come here to have a good night sleep.

Walking into the guest with a sigh, I put down my bag and saw a sleeping figure on the left half of the bed. A smile instantly lit up my face. As quietly as possible, I made my way over to lay beside him. His blue eyes opened to lock with my brown ones.

"Morning, soldier." He hummed in response. "When did you get here?" I yawned and let my eyes close for a second. "Just a moment ago." I heard him sigh before speaking.

"You should get some rest." I hummed in response to Bucky. "Anara, seriously you should." I rolled my eyes and moved to stare up at the celling. I was focusing on the small imperfectly perfect mistakes on the white tiles. I let my head fall to the right, meting Bucky's gaze. I moved back so I was lying on my side.

We stayed silent, our eyes not breaking eye contact. His right and only hand moved to my shoulder, rubbing circles on my exposed skin from the white tank top I was wearing.

"You know this is the first time, except from Steve, that I've been this comfortable with someone." I chuckled at his response. "Maybe you have feelings for me, Sargent." I teased back with a smirk, light pink barley was noticeable on his cheeks. "Maybe I do, Maximoff." It was my turn to hide a blush now. We sat in comforting silence. Neither said anything until Bucky's voice broke through.

"I think we should get some sleep." I took one more look in those blue eyes, letting my eyelids flutter close and sleep slowly consumed me. "Goodnight, James."
"Goodnight, Doll."

A sudden gasp woke me from my sleep. It was pitch black outside now and the only thing I could see was the moon lighting up the panting figure next to me.

"Bucky?" My voice was tired. "An.... Go back to sleep." I could hear the broken voice beside me. "You know I'm not going to James." I sat up, turning to flick the side light on.

"Oh, James." my words full of sadness as I saw the shaking figure of Buck. Sweat glistened down his forehead, his right hand scratching the scars over his left shoulder. I put my hand slowly and carefully to his arm, pulling it down softly. "I-I'm sorry I woke you." I heard his voice in a soft whisper. "It's okay."

I got up and walked to the bathroom that was connected to the room, walking back out with a cold cloth and a first add kit. I sat down on the right side of the bed, carefully reaching up to his head. My fingers brushed his hair out of his face and I brought the cloth the wipe away the sweat the was dripping down his forehead.

Opening the first aid kit, I pulled out an alcohol swab and carefully wiped the faint blood that was by his shoulder. "Where did you learn to do this?" He asked, breaking me out of my concertation.

"Umm. When me and the twins were in an orphanage, I was kicked out first since I was 18. I volunteered to work there so I didn't leave them and I was on medical for a year... When the experiments started." I took a deep breath. "It was overwhelming. Pietro would scratch at his skin sometimes cause it felt like his veins were burning. We were stuck in a cell so there was no way to simply help him. I had to find what I could and bandage him up."

I looked up to him, a small smile on his face. "Tell me more." I smile crept on my face. "There isn't that much to discuses. I was only a year older then them, but It felt like we were the same age. One time when we homeless, Pietro and Wanda had to distract some people while I snuck some bread for us. The man noticed this and started yelling." I started to laugh as I remembered the memory. "Me and the twins started running and he was yelling after us until he tripped on a wire then fell on a craft of oranges. The wire pulled down one of the stands and before another fell to. It was hilarious. We got the bread and a free show."

A genuine smile was on my face. "How long were you homeless for?" I started to wrap a white cloth around his shoulder. "13 years. I was 11 when our parents died, we were sent to the orphanage until legal age. After I would work small jobs I could find but it was hard in Sokovia." I hesitated before speaking. "It wasn't until we volunteered for the experiments we had shelter. I was 25 when I got these powers." I watched as blue twirled around my fingers.

"Do you regret it?" My eyes locked up to lock with his. "Yes." I simply stated and moved my hands back to close up the box and place it on the side table. 

"Now, I'm going to help you. Okay?" I moved my hands up to his face, but his right hand was quick to stop my wrist. "Its okay. I'm just going to help." He reluctantly let go, instantly I missed his touch. My hands hovered beside his head, blue seeping through my fingers and twirling around his head. Both our eyes closed on instinct and I let the nightmares of his subside. "See. Better."

"What was that?" I stretched over to the light beside me and turned of the switch. "I helped ease your mind. You should have a nightmareless night. Or at lest a good sleep." I feel back down on my half of the bed and looked to him, mocking a stern voice. "Now sleep."

"Yes, doll." He laughed, moving to lay back down.