Chapter 24: Revenge

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

Avengers Compound, New York

I sat at the table with Thor, stealing the chips from his bowel. I glanced over at the people entering the room but looked back to the floor and lent back in my seat as It was just the rest of the team.

"Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me. And when he worked, he talked about his 'Great Plan'. Even disassembled, I wanted to please him. I'd ask... where would we go once his plan was complete? And his answer was always the same." The blue robot, Nebula, walked towards the middle table. "'To the Garden'."

"That's cute. Thanos had a retirement plan." Rhodes shrugged. "So, where is he?"

A hologram of the planet lit up in the centre. "When Thanos snapped his fingers. Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions. No one's ever seen anything like it. Until two days ago.." The planet zoomed out and onto another that was way away from this one. "on this planet."

"Thanos is there."

"He used the stones again." Nat said to herself but loud enough for everyone to hear. "Hey, hey, hey." Bruce chuckled in. "We'd be going in shorthanded, you know?"

"Look, he's still got the stones, so..."

"So, let's get 'em." The new girl spoke up. "Use them to bring everyone back."

"Just like that?" Banner asked. "Yeah. Just like that." Steve nodded in agreement. "Even if there's a a small chance that we can undo this... I mean, we owe it to everyone who's not in this room to try."

"If we do this, how do we know it's gonna end any differently than it did before?" Bruce argued. "Because before you didn't have me."

"Hey, new girl? Everybody in this room is about that superhero life. And if you don't mind me asking, where the hell have you been all this time?" Rhodes explained while I huffed in my seat at team. "There are a lot of other planets in the universe. And unfortunately they didn't have you guys."

Thor looked at Carol then glanced to me before looking back at the blonde woman and standing up from his seat. I watched him walk over to her, her back to him until he was behind her. She turned to face him, neither breaking eye contact as Thor held his arm out, summoning Stormbreaker.

"Wow." I muttered to myself, popping one last chip in my mouth and getting up. "I like this one." Carol finally broke eye contact, glancing to me who was now at Thor's side. "Definitely a keeper." I smirked.

"Let's go get this son of a bitch."

*

We all loaded up in the ship, Tony staying back at compound. I was sitting to Steve's left, my mind racing with thoughts. "Okay. Who here hasn't been to space?" Rocket asked. Me, Steve, Nat and Rodney all raised our hand. "Why?" I heard the War machine ask Thor in a whisper and I held in a laugh but heard Carol's chuckle. "You better not throw up on my ship."