Chapter 13: Escape

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

📍𝘽𝙚𝙧𝙡𝙞𝙣, 𝙂𝙚𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙮

"Psychological evaluation and extradition." The man in the suit spoke as I was being pushed towards the trio in front. "This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander." Sharron spoke from beside him.

"What about a lawyer?" Steve asked, now looking to see me beside Sam. "And taking the collar of her?" He added, her meaning me.

"Lawyer. That's funny. The collar is a safety precautions." I huffed in annoyance. "See their weapons are placed in lockup." Ross asked back to the guards. "We'll write you a receipt."

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying in that." Sam spoke, following the men with the suits and shield. I followed behind Sam then Steve and the King.

"You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. Now, do me a favour, stay in it?" Everett said, the black widow walking towards us. "I don't intend on going anywhere." The Wakandan replied.

"For the record, this is what making things worse looks like." Natasha spoke, joining beside Steve. "He's alive." Steve said before we followed into a room where we heard the billionaire himself speak.

"Romania was not Accords sanctioned. Colonel Rhodes is supervising clean up."

"Try not to break anything while we fix this." The angry Russian voiced.

"Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that, because I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir."

"Consequences?" Cap asked back. "Secretary Ross wants you three prosecuted. Had to give him something."

"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?"

"Technically, it's the government's property. Wings too." Natasha replied, dragging me with her and Tony to a different room. "That's cold."

"Warmer than jail."

"You know, that was pretty stupid." She said while taking the collar of from my neck. "Yeah. What was I supposed to do? Steve helped me so I helped him. I owe him and Vis and you. Hell even Tony. Ish."

"So you risked your life to chase an assassin then become a fugitive. Great work, Anara." I sigh, looking down at the mark the cuffs left. "I know, I know."

"Is Wanda okay?" I ask, looking up to the red head beside me. "Yeah." Nat replied to me in a soft tone. "She's at the compound with Vision." I nodded back, looking back down at my hands.

"Hey." She said, getting my attention. "Tony will fix this. If you sign the accords then you'll be safe. Wanda too." I nodded again, thinking over my choice. If I signed, they might drop these charges and me and Wanda could be fine. We would be able to maybe live in the tower. We could start a new life again. We already lost Pietro and our parents. I don't want to loose her as well.

I followed Nat out as went out to a panel of computers, watching the video of Bucky's interview.

"Hello, Mr. Barnes. I've been sent by the United Nations to evaluate you. Do you mind if I sit?" I watched the screen from beside Natasha. "Your first name is James? I'm not here to judge you. I just want to ask you a few questions. Do you know where you are, James? I can't help you if you don't talk to me, James."

"My name is Bucky."

They carried on the session as I started to play with the rings on my fingers as the voices were muffled around me. I looked back up when the lights around me flickered off.

"Come on guys. Get me eyes on, Barnes." Ross spoke into a talkie as Tony stepped aside, clicking the buttons to his glasses. "FRIDAY, get me a source on that outage." I stayed beside Nat until we started to follow Tony out.

"Please tell me you brought a suit."

"Sure did, It's a lovely Tom Ford, three piece, two button. I'm an active duty non combatant."

"Ha." I blatantly responded, the blonde ran past me. "Follow me."

We did as such, running down out to towards the now Winter Soldier. Tony snuck out first, sending a sound wave to the soldier. I heard it too, covering my ears as I did. Tony and Bucky began hand to hand combat. A gun was pulled out, then shoot at the billionaires glasses. After a couple hits, Stark was knocked to the ground.

Carter ran over next, kicking him. Natasha went at him, sending punches. A few more kicks from Sharon, and Bucky caught her, sending her down into a table.

Natasha swung around his shoulders, elbowing his head. He pushed her onto another table, his metal arm going to her throat. "You could at last recognize me."

I snuck up behind him, my hands going to either side of his temple. I let blue mist leave my hands and traveling to him. Bucky's eyes shown a sapphire blue for a few seconds before he turned around, grabbing my neck with his metal arm. I was gasping for air as his grip got tighter. I was walking backwards, holding onto his wrist. "James." I squeaked. I held my right hand to his temple again trying to wipe away the control. I managed to break through enough where he let go slightly.

T'challa came over, kicking Bucky away. I feel to my knees, holding my throat as I was coughing, trying to catch my breath. I looked over just as Barnes was advancing up the stairs. The King proceeded towards the assassin, fighting their way up.

I stood up, trying to make my way to the exit door. I saw Sam stand there in annoyance.

"What happened?" I ask, standing beside him as he was looking around at the chaotic people running.

"The doctor's gone."

"I guess Bucky as well."

We got an alert from Steve, telling us to meet by the river. I followed Sam as we walked to the direction, seeing Steve pull someone out, out of sight. Sam and I gave each other a look before then discretely walking over and seeing an unconscious Winter Soldier. Both men moved him to a near abandoned garage where they placed his metal arm in the machinery.

☠︎︎