Chapter 5: Mistake

𓂀

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

𝙐-𝙂𝙞𝙣 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙨 𝙍𝙚𝙨𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙘𝙝 𝙇𝙖𝙗, 𝙎𝙚𝙤𝙪𝙡, 𝙆𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙖

"What is this place." I hit Pietro's arm as he was looking around a little kid. Wanda walked ahead of us, kind of like she knew what was there. I could feel it to. It was a tugging sensation in the back of my mind.

"Cellular cohesion will take a few hours, but we can initiate the consciousness stream." Dr. Helen Cho was connecting wires to the back of Ultron's head as we walked into the room,

I could sense something powerful in the room, unknowing of what was actually in the box. Pietro waited at the door, keeping guard. Wanda went towards the coffin in the middle as I stood a few steps behind her.

"We're uploading your cerebral matrix now." The doctor spoke, walking to a computer that beeped.

"I can read him." My head whipped into her direction. "He's dreaming." A blue light covered the figure, only showing a bright glowing stone on his forehead. "I wouldn't call it dreams. It's Ultron's base consciousness. Informational noise. Soon..."

"How soon?" He cut her off. "I'm not being pushy."

I followed Wanda, standing beside the casket. She placed her hands face down on the lid, eyes closed with a head tilt. My hand hovered in the air, sapphire flowing from my palm, with my eyes falling close at the power.

"We're imprinting a physical brain." Dr. Cho explained. "There are no shortcuts. Even if your magic gem.."

I felt like my breath quicken and my heart race at the thoughts. A gasped was heard from beside me, but it took a second for me to escape the thoughts. It felt like I was going down a rabbit hole. One of of destruction. Not one I wanted anything to do with. I finally pulled back, gasping for air as I felt a hand hit my back, stopping me from falling backwards. I turned to see the same expression on Wanda and concern mixed with anger on Pietro's.

"How could you?" Wanda looked to Ultron in despair.

"How could I what?"

"You said we would destroy the Avengers, make a better world."

"It will be better."

"When everyone is dead?" I asked, more as a question, but still with anger.

"That is not..." He stopped, thinking of the right words to say. "The human race will have every opportunity to improve."

"And if they don't?" Pietro questioned from my right. "Ask Noah." Our brother turned back to us. Patience running thin with Ultron. "You are a madman." She spoke, still in shock.