Chapter 26 : Loneliness

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

New York, Manhattan, 2019

"You seem better?" I nodded with my head down, keeping up my pace as I walked beside her. "You don't need to pretend your fine. Everyone still isn't." 

"And you?" I looked up to meet her eye. "I try to distract myself enough so I don't have to face my problems." I let out a chuckle and stole the ice cream she was holding. "Great solution."

"I asked if you wanted your own food. You said no and I didn't say yes to sharing." the blonde stole her cup of ice cream back. "Now is that how you talk to your friend." She eye rolled at my comment. "Yes." 

"If this didn't happen and we never had to fight Thanos, what do you think we would be dong right now?"

"I never really thought about that. I guess we would still be on the run until we came to some sort of agreement with Ross, then we would go back to saving the world." I hummed in response. "If we ever find a way to bring them back, promise you won't leave me. I know we were never that close but right now your like another sister to me and I couldn't stand to ever lose you too."

"Promise." I stuck my pinkie out to her as I came to a stop. She chuckled as she stood in front of me. "Really, Anara. A pinkie promise." I gave her a glare and she laughed while copying my actions and connected her pinkie to mine. "See, you can never break it now. We are in this together so don't die on me" 

"I won't if you don't." I linked my arms with hers and we continued to walk. "I'm still annoyed that they had no peanut butter flavour." she sighed, taking a bit of her ice cream that was cookie choc chip. "I will personally complain next I see them and give them a Black Widow ass kicking."

We both smiled and continued to walk down the foot path. "You don't have a superhero name or alias." I hummed and looked at the blue flowers that were planted around. "I should give you one. Blue rose. The Blue Witch. No. Witchy. Little Witch..." 

"Browallia?"

"No. The Sapphire Witch?"

"You do realise I'm not a witch."

"And I'm not a spider but they're our Avengers names. We aren't the Avengers anymore but you still deserve a name. A last hurrah if you will."

"Fine, Sapphire witch it is but I'm still not a witch." 

"Debatable."