Chapter 32: Baby Scott

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

Avengers Tower, New York

"Okay, here we go. Time travel test number one." Smart Hulk announced. "Scott, fire up the, uh... van thing."

I was standing beside Natasha with my arms crossed, watching Scott walk up to this brown van. The doors opened, a rainbow light coming from the back of the van.

"Breakers are set." Steve said, walking in to the room. "Emergency generators are on standby."

"Good, because if we blow the grid, I don't want to lose, uh, Tiny here in the 1950's." Bruce pointed towards Scott who was readying his suit. "Excuse me?" Scott quickly looked to him.

"He's kidding." Natasha laughed. "You can't say things like that."

"Are you sure this is safe?" I piped up, biting my thumb nail with nerves.

"... Sure, Anara." Bruce smiled to me. I glanced over to the tablet in Nat's hand then back to Scott who was walking back to the van.

"You were kidding, right?" Nat whispered to Banner. "I have no idea. We're talking about time travel here." He whisper yelled back. I looked to him wide eyed. I shook my head and walked a few steps away from the pair.

"Either it's all a joke, or none of it is." I heard Bruce whisper to Nat. "We're good." Bruce turned to Lang, holding up a thumbs up. "Get your helmet on."

"Scott, I'm gonna send you back a week... let you walk around for an hour, then bring you back in ten seconds. Make sense?"

"Perfectly not confusing."

"Scott." I called to him. "No pressure, okay. Just make sure to come back alive and safe, please." He nodded back. I really wanted - needed this to work. I didn't want to give my hopes up.

"Good luck, Scott. You got this." Steve said in his Captain America tone. "You're right. I do, Captain America." Lang answered back, making a small smile appear on my face. Scott then was pulled back and into the quantum realm.

"On the count of three... three, two, one." We waited nervously for Scott to reappear. The suit popped back out, but not with the Scott Lang we knew.

"Uh... Guys? This doesn't feel right."

"What's this?"

"What's going on?"

"Who is that?"

"Huh..."

"Hold on." Bruce told us, clicking away at the machines. "Is that Scott?" Nat breathed out, glancing to us. "Yes, It's Scott." The young boy shot back before being sucked up into the van again.

I was looking over my shoulder to the trio, tilting my head when I couldn't see Bruce but then he popped up from behind the machines.

"What's going on, Bruce?"

"Oh, my back?" My head snapped to the next Scott. He was an older version of him.

"What is this?"

"Could I get a little space here?" Steve moved while smart hulk tapped away. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Can you bring him back?" Rogers called back.

"I'm working on it."

After a couple beeping's, The old Scott went back and then came Baby Scott.

"It's a baby." Steve sighed.

"It's Scott."

"As a baby." I looked to the scientist.

"He'll grow."

"Bring back Scott."

"When I say kill the power, kill the power." We were instructed. "Oh, my God." Nat sighed, walking over. "And... kill it!" Romanoff quickly turned of the leaver of high voltage.

All machines powered down. Our Scott standing in front of us. "Somebody peed my pants."

"Oh, thank God." Nat said relief, hand over her heart.

"But I don't know if it was baby me or old me." He then looked away before continuing. "Or just me me."

"Time travel!"

I took a deep breath, a smile on my face and I walked over to Scott, pulling him into a hug. "Thank you."

"What?" I pulled away and looked to Bruce past my shoulder. "I see this as an absolute win." I heard him call back to Steve who was walking away.

I chuckled and turned back to Scott. "I'm glad your safe." I smiled and walked over to the computers while Nat went next to check on Scott.