Post Credit II

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙪𝙩, 2023
1 𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙠 𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙤𝙣𝙮'𝙨 𝙁𝙪𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙡

"Hey, doll. What's wrong?" Bucky spoke, entering the room. After the final battle we wanted to stay close by and I found a new house in New Jersey. Well, it was a house I've been looking at for the past few months before we got everyone back. 

I invited Bucky to stay since he didn't have a place and I didn't want to be alone. Wanda had gone MIA after the funeral for Tony and Steve returned back in time where now he was a classic 92 year old, who still used language on me whenever I visited. 

I thought that since we got everyone back, it would feel better, but It doesn't. I finally made peace with Stark but now he's gone. I know what it's like to use a parent and I hate how Morgan will have to go throw that with the loss of her dad. Plus, Wanda and him will never make peace. Neither will Natasha and Steve and specially Bucky.

I lost Natasha. In those five years she was the closest to family I had, Steve to, but she felt like a sister to me and I think that people believed that I was an enemy at one point, they should hate me, but actually, they're all I hade left. 

Thor looked out for me since the Blip accrued and he said his goodbyes before leaving to join the guardians of their adventures of space. I am happy for him, but it hurts that he left with everyone else. The only people who's stuck around are Sam and Bucky. Well, Bucky mostly as Sam went back to New Orleans to stay with his sister. I had met her a few times during the course of five years, making sure she was okay and helping out with her kids. It's the lest I could do.

"I'm fine, James." I sighed, my head in my hands as I sat at the edge of the bed. The brunette walked over to me, kneeling in front of me.

"It doesn't look like it, doll." 

"It's just..." I let out a frustrated growl, running my hands through my hair. "I lost people, again. And I know I shouldn't complain, I got you and Wanda and Sam back, but now for that price, I had to lose a lot of people to. It feels like I'm incapable of having a fairy tale ending. Like I'm constantly having to suffer for the greater good. But what have they done for me, for any of us."

"Life isn't fair, Annie, but Natasha and Pietro wouldn't want you beating yourself up over things that are out of your control." He smiled up to me softly, rubbing his hands on my thighs to calm me. 

"Natasha sacrificed herself for a world that didn't love her. Pietro never got a proper funeral, neither did Natasha. Pietro died to save Clint and a kid. I don't blame him, but where was my brothers recognition. The world treats me and Wanda as weapons. You were tortured for 70 years and never once got a break. Now you do and you lost your best friend and are stuck with me. You could be free, do something new. You cou-"

"I dont want anyone else but you, Anara Maximoff. We may not have known each other for as long as most, but I love you, Annie. I think I always have and always will."

___________*__________*__________

It was now the middle of the night and we were laying in bed, my back to Bucky's chest as his arm was draped over my waist. My eyes were open, staring into the dark. I couldn't sleep.

"Do you think I'm cursed?" I asked out of the blue, into the quiet night. 

"No." He kissed the back of my head. "I think you're the only one who could handle it. It's not fair, doll, but we'll get through this."

I turned in his grip to face him. He had cut his hair a few days ago and I wasn't complaining. He looked like that photo of him in the 40's and felt as if I was there at one point. The moonlight shown over his eyes, even though they were closed, I could tell that they were a perfect blue like the ocean. My hand came up to his cheek, my thumb rubbing over his cheek bones.

"I love you, James Buchanan Barnes." 

His eyes blinked open and a soft smile drew at his lips. "I love you too, Anara Maximoff." 

I connected my lips to his and sighed in content. His hand round my waist pulled me closer to him. I smiled and slowly pulled back and looked at his doe eyes. I quickly kissed him one more time before laying my head on his chest, playing with the dog tags around his neck. 

"I'm happy we moved here. Maybe we can finally relax." I sighed and looked up to him. "Maybe we can, doll." He smiled softly to before his hand stopped rubbing mine and went to his neck, before pulling off his dogs tags. 

I furrowed by brows as I turned to him and next thing I felt was the silver chain around my neck and the clatter of the metal tags falling on my skin. 

"Bucky..." 

"I want you to wear them. You will probably steal them from me anyway. Think of it as a promise. I won't leave you." The ex assassin squeezed my hand in reassurance. In return, I pulled a silver chucky ring from my index finger, slipping it on his right pinkie finger. 

"And I promise to never leave you."

I smiled back, biting my lip before falling back to Bucky's side. "Maybe Westview, New Jersey isn't so bad after all."