Chapter 29: Forgiveness

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

Upstate New York, 2021

I took a deep breath, lifting my hand up to knock on the wooden door. Waiting until it opened. "Anara?" A shocked voice asked. I looked up, meeting the eyes of Tony. "Surprise." I said in a sing song voice with my arms opened wide and a smile with the joke. He raised his eyebrows and I bit my lip while going back to my seriousness. "Umm. I got your address from Rhodes. I hope you dont mind." I started to play with my fingers to distract myself. "I wanted to see how you were?" I asked sheepishly.

"I'm doing better. How are you?" I nodded to his answer. "I'm holding on." I heard him sigh, making me look up to him. He moved to the side and signalled me in. I sent him a small smile and walked past to go in to the cabin.

"You're lucky, Pepper just took Morgan out." I turned back to him with furrowed eyebrows. "Morgan?" He tutted and walked over to the kitchen. "My daughter. Drink? I'm having one."

"Yes please, anything is fine and Congrats. You deserve a nice family." I gulped back and looked around at photos placed over, hugging myself tighter. "You can sit, It's not gonna bite." He joked but I was too nervous to pay attention.

"I made it extra strong. You seem like you killed someone for the first time." I grabbed the glass from him hand as he sat beside me and I started chugging the drink. "Whoa, hold your horses." Tony grabbed the bottom of the cup and pulled it back. "Sorry."

"Why are you really here, Anara?" I tapped my fingers on the glass rim. "Cause I think we both need peace and maybe its not to late to start now."

"The blip or your home?" I took a shaky breath in and out. "Home." He nodded and his sarcastic self faded. "I'm sorry."

"I know but I just need some peace. People died because I thought that letting you play out your nightmare in real life would be our revenge, but all it did was hurt more -"

"Remember, I also created a murder bot that wanted to kill everyone. It's my fault from the beginning." I shook my head. "No, no. If we hadn't had signed up for hydra then helped Ultron, people would be alive.. including my brother. If that hadn't of happened then you wouldn't have been so keen on signing the accords which would have meant that we would have been all together to fight Thanos and we would have won. It's mine and I have to live with that but everyone else shouldn't. I'm sorry."

"You shouldn't have too. None of us should. We've all made mistakes and we have to live with them." Tony responded back, his arm resting over the back of the couch. "Yeah but this could have all been avoided." I looked down, avoiding eye contact with him.

"You really need to stop beating yourself up, Anara." Tony sighed, patting my knee in a comforting manner. "Its kinda hard not to." I mumble. 

"Anara." Tony warned. "Tony." I mocked back but when I saw his stern look I dropped my smile. "I'm sorry its just... It's been a very long three years."

"I feel for you, Anara, I really do but..." Tony started before I cut him off. "Tony its more than you realise. I -" I was interrupted.

"Daddy." a loud voice called in. I looked over, soon seeing a little girl run to us. Tony smiled brightly down to the beaming girl. My heart broke. Stark picked up the little girl, Morgan, and resting her on his knee. 

"What are you doing back?" The Iron Man asked. "Mommy forgot her phone." Morgan answered him before turning to look at me. "Hi."

I laughed and kept a smile. "Hi. What's your name?" I asked. unsure of how I should react. I remember the twins when they were kids but someone else... "I'm Morgan. What's your name?"

"Anara." I stated. "Woah. That's a pretty name." Her eyes shined with actual happiness. "Thank you. So is yours."

"She's an old friend." Tony added in, making both of us look to him. "I like her." I chuckled and lent forward, placing my glass on the coffee table. "I like you too." 

"Sweetie, do you want to stay here and talk to Ana while I talk to your mommy." Morgan nodded back and Tony lifted her up while he stood, placing her down where he previously sat. I looked up to the man, sending him a smile and small nod before he walked away.

"Are you an Avenger?" I smile up to her. "Yeah." 

"What can you do?" I bit my lip and held my hand out, a sapphire ball forming in my palm. "Wowwww. You have magic." I nodded back to her with her wide eyes. "I can know what you're thinking." I hummed back.

"What am I thinking of then?" She giggled. "Ummm. Princesses. Cheeseburgers and... can I really read your mind." She looked to me in shock and child like wonder. "And what toy are you gonna convince your mom to get you." 

"... how?" her mouth was dropped open. "Magic." I emphasized. "Are you a fairy?" I nodded, holding in a laugh at her pureness. "But you can't tell anyone. Its our little secret."

"What are you talking about in here?" Tony asked, walking into the room. "Nothing." I turned to the girl and winked, making her hold back a laugh.

"Okay." He dragged out. "Morgan, hunny, why don't you go find mommy." 

"Okay, daddy." She jumped from the couch and Tony kissed the top of her head. "Bye auntie An." She said, turning back to me. I waved to her with a smile till she disappeared round the corner.

"So, someone likes you." Tony stated. I hummed and stood up. "Yeah. She prefers me now." He laughed back. "You're gonna have to come back now, you know that right. And maybe not just to see Morgan." I didn't let him say anything else before I hugged him. 

"Whoa there, little witchy." He laughed, patting my back. "Thank you, Tony." I pulled away. "I really needed this." I smiled faintly. "No problem kiddo." 

"I should get going." I grabbed the glass of the table and finished the last sip off. "And you probably have stuff to do since your now the famous 'Tony Stark. The Dad.' " He laughed at my words. "Yes. Yes I do." 

"Bye Tony." I stood at the front door. "It was really nice to see you again." 

"You too." I smiled and started to walk down the porch stairs. "Did you figure out what you needed to?" Tony yelled. I turned back to him. "I think I did, Stark." I smiled one last time and got into my car, taking in a deep breath.