Chapter 19: Home

۞

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

𝘼𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙, 𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙔𝙤𝙧𝙠

The flight home was filled with tension. Me and Wanda never once looked at each other. Sam and Natasha piloted the jet back to the Avengers Compound. Wanda used what energy she had left to stich up Visions wounds. I had taken a couple pills that were in the first aid kit and made myself a make shift bed on the chairs to sleep in.

"We're here." The sound of Nat's voice awoken me. I yawned and stretched my arms, instantly regretting it as I hissed at the pull from the stitches. I followed along side Nat out the jet as Sam walked over to help Vision.

It felt eerie as we stepped into the building. The few agents we saw gave us a strange look as we made our way past and towards the main room.

Our footsteps against the hardwood floor only added to the tension. "This is not creepy at all." Nat whipped her head round to me, shooting me a glare. I held my hands up in defence and followed the pair with Vis, Sam and Wanda following me behind.

After turning down a hallway, I quickly stepped aside and towards the bathroom, looking back to see Sam giving me a concern look. I shot back a smile and locked the door behind me.

With a deep breath I let the charade drop. My hands found the ceramic bowel of the sink and red smeared on the surface, dried blood covering my hands. I looked up at my reflection in the mirror, seeing the state I was in. My face was pale and my eye bags were heavy and dark. Even though I tried to sleep, my body had been exhausted for far too long.

I pulled my shirt off, seeing the long gash from my shoulder to my mid back. Dried blood coated the area and my clothes. I held my hand out, a plain t-shirt of Sam's appearing in my hand. I carefully used the warm water to wipe the cut clean and put the shirt over.

I splashed my face with water and plasted on a smile before one more look in the mirror and walking out. following the sound of voices, I arrived to where they all stood. I kept myself hidden at the doorway, observing the scene.

"So we gotta assume they're coming back, right?" I saw Rhodes speak with Bruce walking past. "And they can clearly find us." Wanda added. "We need all hands on deck. Where's Clint?"

"After the whole Accords situation, he and Scott took a deal. It was too tough on their families. They're on house arrest." Natasha clarified. "Who's Scott?"

"Ant-Man."

"There's an Ant-Man and a Spider-Man?" Bruce questioned. "What about Anara?"

"Here." I spoke from the door, all eyes on me. I pushed myself away from the wall and walked into the room. "Is that my shirt?" Sam asked with a hint of annoyance. "Yes and you're starting to sound like Natasha." I winked to Nat and walked over to the table, sending a smile to the two Avengers.

"Okay, look." Bruce got back on track. "Thanos has the biggest army in the universe.." I held my hand up to ask a question. Bruce paused and motioned for me to continue. "What about Loki? He nearly took over New York, right? Or Thor, he's not of this world, correct?" Steve sighed from behind me and I turned to him. "We can't trust Loki and Thor has been off world since Ultron. We haven't heard from him since." "Oh." I nodded and looked down, waiting for Bruce to continue.

"He's not gonna stop until he gets..." Bruce trailed off, realising the sacrifice at stake. "Vision's stone."

"Then we have to protect it." Nat stepped forward. "No, we have to destroy it." My attention and the others went to Vis whole finally spoke up. "I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head. About its nature. But also its composition. I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source..." Vision walked to Wanda. "Something very similar to its own signature, perhaps.." He looked back to me then back at Wanda. "its molecular integrity could fail."

"Yeah, and you with it. We're not having this conversation." Wanda's voice was full of hurt. "Eliminating the stone is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it."

"That's too high a price." Vis held back his own emotion, cupping the sides of Wanda's face before the continued to bargain. "Only you and Anara have the power to pay it." I pushed myself away from the table, holding back my own sadness. "Vision... you can't. we can't." I pleaded to him. I may act like a jerk to him, but he's been one of the best friends I've had since coming to America. He helped me even though he didn't understand human emotion. He is someone I trust and will love until my dying breath.

Wanda walked away and I stepped closer to Vision. "If you do this... you will not survive." He gave me a smile and took my hand in his. "At lest you and Wanda will live." Vis whispered back so only I could hear. I gave him a look as I held back my own tears and slowly let go of his hand, walking past him to Sam and letting Wanda gather herself for a second.

"Thanos threatens half the universe. One life cannot stand in the way of defeating him."

"But it should." Steve made a point. "We don't trade lives, Vision."

"Captain, 70 years ago, you laid down your life... to save how many millions of people? Tell me, why is this any different?" Vision and Steve stood in a stance.

"Because you might have a choice. Your mind is made up of a complex construct of overlays. Jarvis, Ultron, Tony, me, the stone. All of them mixed together, all of them learning from one another." Bruce stated.

"You're saying Vision isn't just the mind stone?" I looked over to my sister. "I'm saying that if we take out the stone... there's still a whole lot of Vision left. Perhaps the best parts."

"Can we do that?"

"Not me, not here." Bruce shock his head. Steve looked over to me and I met his eyes. We both knew where to go. "Well, you better find someone and somewhere fast. Ross isn't just gonna let you guys have your old rooms back."

"We know somewhere." I spoke up and all eyes looked to me. I tilted my head up, looking straight at Steve.