chapter 1

"Huh?"

Rain splashed down from the cloudy sky, hitting the top of Y/N's (h/c)  hair. She groaned and cursed under her breath. Of course it had to start raining the one time she forgot to bring her umbrella.

Y/N slung her bag securely over her shoulder and made a run for her school which was only a few blocks away from her house. Her light blue jeans were now soaked from the mass amounts of water that splashed up from the wet ground. She cursed again and ran faster.

Although the sky was full of clouds, and a faint sound of thunder could be heard, there was light peaking out from the darkness. It illuminated the puddles which Y/N quickly ran through.

The school entrance was in view, and Y/N slowly stopped running. She didn't want to run into anyone, or worse slip. She shuddered at the thought and took deep breaths, trying to calm her racing heart that was about to beat out of her chest from running.

It was at that moment, her chest heaving up and down rapidly, sweat mixing together with rain, that she realized. "I really need to start working out."

༶•༶•༶

Y/N slumped into her seat at the back of the classroom. She gazed out the window to her left and softly smiled. Senior year. After this, she would be free. Free to get her own place, free to do whatever she pleases at night when she couldn't sleep.

That was the dream.

Her mind snapped back to reality the moment she heard the seat beside her screech against the floor. Someone had sat down beside her.

She didn't bother to make eye contact, or even look at the person for that matter. She just averted her eyes back to the window and let out a soft exhale.

"Are you new?"

A deep, soft sounding voice spoke from the right of Y/N.

She looked at her hands for a moment before locking eyes with someone she never thought would even bother talking to her.

Adrien Agreste.

His bright green eyes gazed into her brown ones with curiosity. Y/N blinked a few times before feeling her cheeks heat up. She turned away slowly and shook her head. "I've been in your class since the beginning of high school."

She didn't bother looking at his reaction, but soon heard him apologize. Y/N smiled and waved her hand to him, gesturing that it was okay. She wasn't surprised he didn't know her. In fact, she was actually rather happy he didn't know who she was. The last thing she would want is for someone like Adrien Agreste, to talk with her.

He was popular, kind, looked like an average 18 year old, but was actually famous for his modelling career. Y/N decided she wouldn't make eye contact with him again, so she tucked in her chair closer to the long desk shared with Adrien, and averted her gaze to the front.

"How come I've never seen you around?"

Great, questions.

Y/N shrugged, keeping her eyes at the whiteboard down at the front of the class.

That earned a chuckle from Adrien. "Not to fond of questions huh?"

Feeling bad for not saying much, Y/N decided to smile at him, a thing she really shouldn't have done.

"Not really."