chapter 21

"Adrien?"

Y/N stumbled back further, hitting the edge of her bed and sitting down on the soft mattress. She should've seen this coming but yet.... She didn't.

Her head became heavy and she struggled to process everything that was unraveling before her eyes. The incident that happened at Adrien's party, the kiss she shared with "Chat noir." It was all starting to piece together, yet she couldn't help but feel stupid. She spent so much time with both of them and it was undeniable that she had feelings for both his personas but which one was the true Adrien?

Y/N stood up and began to step closer to the boy who was wincing in pain. Although she was upset she couldn't bear to see him like this.

Y/N's eyes met Adrien's, and she frowned. "You are different as Chat noir and different as Adrien. Who are you truly?"

Adrien couldn't find the right words to say, so instead, he just looked down at the girl who began to pick up a cotton pad. "I'm not sure."

Y/N wet the pad with hydrogen peroxide and hesitated before grabbing the zipper to his suit. "May I?"

Adrien nodded his head and Y/N slowly pulled down his suit so that his chest was completely exposed. She helped him out of the sleeves and Adrien slumped back. She ignored the sight of his defined abs, and sharply inhaled.

She wondered how he had gotten hurt so badly. Whenever she saw him with Ladybug on the news, they were never beaten up badly. Never like this.

Gently, she brought the cotton pad up to the wounds that littered across his ribs. Adrien groaned and dropped his head back against the beanbag. "I'm sorry." Y/N whispered, lifting the blood covered pad up and tossing it aside.

Adrien shook his head, "don't be. I can take it."

Y/N cracked a small smile, he was trying to be tough.

She brought another wet cotton pad up to his face and slowly dabbed it across the cuts on his forehead.

Finally their eyes met, and Adrien pulled her into him. Her hands rested against his thighs and she tried pulling away, "you're hurt what are you-"

"I don't care if I'm hurt Y/N."

He sighed and stroked a few strands of her hair, tucking some behind her ear. "I'm sorry. I know this whole situation is fucked up and I never meant to confuse or hurt you. I like you Y/N, I really- really like you."

He paused for a moment and lifted up Y/N's chin, "to be honest with you... My life at home is stressful. My father expects me to be perfect and when I'm not... he shuts me out." Their eyes met, "but when I'm Chat noir- I'm free. I have no worries and it feels like I can be myself... And that's what I feel when I'm with you. I'm myself when I'm with you."

Y/N's breath hitched. Their lips were so close, close enough that if she leaned in slightly they would be on his. "I want you to be yourself all the time Adrien. I like the boy who makes stupid jokes and acts carefree, but I also like the boy who is composed and kind. You don't need to separate yourself in two just to please other people. You know that, right?"

Adrien frowned, "I'm just afraid. I'm afraid of what people will think of me. My father he-"

Y/N put a finger to his lips, "you're one of the greatest hero's in Paris. People look up to Chat noir."

"Exactly, they look up to Chat noir not Adrien."

Y/N smiled and put her palm against his cheek.  It was warm against her own, "Adrien is a very well known model."

His eye contact faulted and he glanced down, "maybe you're right."

"Oh I know I'm right."

Adrien laughed but quickly stopped and gripped onto his side, letting go of Y/N.