chapter 23

Adrien awoke the next morning with a smile on his face and a soft weight on his chest.

His hands found their way to Y/N's hair and he stroked it, pushing stray strands away from her face. The light from behind her curtains illuminated her face, making her look even more beautiful.

Her eyelids fluttered and she stirred, moving her position.

Adrien glanced at the night table beside him and grabbed his phone, checking to see that the time read 6:50.

He let out an annoyed sigh, wishing he could stay in this position forever, but alas, they both had to get up for school.

"Y/N" Adrien whispered.

"No." Y/N groaned, and flipped the sheets over her head.

Adrien stifled a laugh and shook her gently, "We will be late if we don't get up now."

The girl beside him slowly put the covers down and groaned once more, sitting up in the bed.

Her hair was a mess from the static of the sheets and this time Adrien couldn't control his laugh, "what's so funny?" She pushed away the hair in her face and looked at Adrien quizzically.

"No, no. Nothing." Adrien waved his hands in front of his face in attempts to block his large grin.

Y/N stared at him for a few more moments before getting up out of bed and walking over to her bathroom.

Adrien watched her walk away and smile as he heard a little, "oh god."  Come from behind the door.

Adrien got out of bed and looked down at his clothes. Well, of what clothes he had on.

He was sporting the old sweatpants that Y/N let him wear yesterday, and no shirt.

"Shit..." Adrien mumbled before walking to the bathroom door. He knocked once, then twice as he heard the shower turn on.

"Y/N I'm going to run to my house to shower and change and I'll meet you back here."

He was about to walk away when Y/N opened the door quickly. She was only wearing a towel and Adrien had to stop himself from looking as she started speaking, "you'll be late Adrien."

"Not if a very attractive superhero gets me there faster."

He winked and grabbed his suit before Y/N shut the door and smiled to herself. "Such an idiot.."

༶•༶•༶

Y/N had to admit it was quite impressive that Adrien made it back to her house before she was out the door.

He came up behind her as she was grabbing two juice boxes and some fruit for lunch.

His hands found there way to her waist and leaned down to kiss her neck.

"You smell nice." Y/N smiled, continuing what she was doing.

"You're making it sound like I smelled before!" Adrien spun her around and she shrugged her shoulders, failing to cover the grin that itched its way to her lips.

"Maybe."

Adrien grinned too and they both just stared at each other before he leaned in to kiss her. It was passionate and Adrien slid his tongue against her closed lips. She parted them and gave him access. He explored her mouth in swift movements.

They both parted for air and Y/N cocked an eyebrow at him, "so where's that attractive superhero?"

Adrien ruffled her hair and they both laughed. Y/N grabbed the two small bags from behind her, handing one to Adrien.

They had almost 15 minutes to get to school, and as they exited her house a warm breeze hit their faces.

Comfortable silence filled the air around them, neither of them wanted to say anything. It was nice just being in each other's presence.

The quietness gave Y/N time to think. Her mind wandered back to the events of last night and her face heated up. Adrien looked over at her, "are you okay?"

She nodded her head and mumbled a little, "mhm."

Truth be told, she wasn't okay. The heat from her face travelled down her body and she sighed, quickly stealing a glance at Adrien.

His blonde hair was fresh and fluffy on top of his head, and his eyes were softened.

She almost tripped on a pebble staring at him.

They arrived at school around 5 minutes later and were immediately met with stares.

Y/N couldn't help but cringe. It was such a cliché. The popular boy hanging out with the loner. She put her head down to avoid the stares and Adrien just smiled at her.

"Let them stare." His eyes found hers and they were sincere.

She nodded and they continued walking to her locker. She fiddled with the lock and opened it quickly, putting her bag on one of the hook and grabbing out her textbooks and notebook.

Adrien grabbed it out of her hands the second she put them in her own. She shot him an annoyed look and he just stood there smugly.

They then moved to his locker and as he was opening it Alya and Marinette dashed towards the pair.

"Hi." Y/N said sweetly, waving her hand.

"Heyy." Alya said and Marinette chimed in, giving Y/N the look.

"Hey Adrien." They greeted from behind Y/N and the blonde boy waved, focusing on balancing both books on his hand.

"You're going to drop them.." Y/N protested, trying to grab some from his hand but he shook her off. "I won't don't worry."

Alya and Marinette wiggled there eyebrows at her and said they would see the two of them later as the bell rang.

Adrien fell into step with the girl beside him, still carrying the textbooks like they were feathers.

The two entered their first period classroom and sat down in their assigned seats, all the way at the back.

A few people stared as they made their way up but Adrien payed no mind to it. Y/N on the other hand felt, uncomfortable. She wasn't used to any eyes on her. People barely knew who she was, let alone looked at her.

"Are you okay?" Adrien whispered, and Y/N nodded her head, opening up her textbook and flipping to a random page.

"Come over after school?" Adrien asked with a smile and Y/N hesitated, "I'm going to have to let you know... I have a very a busy schedule."

Adrien grinned and she joined along, he nudged his shoulder into hers playfully just as the teacher began a new lesson.