chapter 7

Nerves. Worry. Fear, and resentment filled its way into Y/N's chest. The ticking of the clock on the wall in front of her only prolonged her uncomfortable nerves. The ringing of the phones made her grasp onto her shirt sleeve. Her heart was racing and her mind was a jumbled mess.

"Miss L/N?"

Y/N stood up abruptly, wanting to move away from the seat she was sat in.

"You can head in now, it's good to see you."

Y/N waved at the receptionist who she had seen almost every time she had gone to the doctors.

Y/N drew in a large breath of air before walking into her doctors room. "Y/N!" A soft voice cheerfully said as Y/N sat down in a chair opposite of the doctor. Doctor Drew had always been Y/N's favorite doctor. Growing up with insomnia meant visiting different doctors. Some were dreadful, always having the same dull expression on their face, while others like Doctor Drew, were welcoming.

"Tell me, how have you been?"

"Same old." Y/N shrugged her shoulders, pulling on a smile. She watched as the doctor flipped her clipboard onto her desk. "Still having trouble sleeping?" Y/N sighed and nodded her head. Wondering if Doctor Drew noticed the bags under her eyes from the previous night.

That's right.. the previous night.

Y/N wondered what Chat was doing. She wondered if he was still asleep. Although it was the afternoon, Chat struck her as the type to sleep in.

"I think it's time you start getting into a routine." Y/N's thoughts of Chat noir were tossed aside when she heard the doctors words.

"Routine?"

"Yes, a routine such as a walk before bed, or doing something you enjoy."

Y/N almost laughed, "and that is going to help me sleep?"

Doctor Drew adjusted her thick rimmed glasses and sighed, "I know it doesn't seem like much, but as long as you do something continuously at night, it will induce your sleep. I cant guarantee it will work, but I have a feeling it just might."

Y/N sighed and bit her lip. A routine? Maybe she already had one. Talking to Chat noir was something she did almost every night, and some nights she could admit she fell asleep faster when she saw his face. But Y/N didn't want to rely on someone she barely knew to help her sleep. It would be quite embarrassing to ask that of someone.

And so, Y/N decided she would try going for a walk. That would surely tire her out, and help get her mind off things. Or rather get her mind off someone.

"I'll try it, thank you."

༶•༶•༶

Y/N tossed on a tight fitted black zip up sweater that was warmer than it looked, along with matching jogging pants. She gazed at her appearance in the mirror for a moment. It would start to get dark outside, meaning no one would look at her appearance. However, she thought she just might run into a certain someone.

"Why am I even thinking about him."

She tied up her hair up into a ponytail and watched it sway as she tightened it. Y/N sighed before forcing herself out the door.

Her mother worked night shifts most days meaning Y/N didn't have to ask for permission to leave the house. If her mother was here, she was certain she wouldn't be aloud out. Something about it being dangerous at night. That was true, however Y/N wasn't worried. She could handle herself.

The warm fading summer breeze, danced across Y/N's skin, easing her worries away. There were a few people on her street, walking their dogs.

Y/N rounded the corner and started walking down the street towards a little convenience shop. She had always gone there with her father as a kid. He would buy her banana milk, along with a chocolate croissant. An odd pair, yet a tasty one. They would sit around the corner, and watch as cars would go by.

When her dad left, Y/N never went back to that store. In fact, she had forgotten all about it. She didn't want to be reminded of all the memories that she had once cherished so much.

Now standing in front of the store, Y/N felt a wave of memories wash over her all at once. It was almost like she could still feel her dad right next to her. Tears threatened her eyes, wanting desperately to spill out. Yet Y/N refused to let them out. She blinked repeatedly and walked away from the store, heading towards the park a few blocks away.

Y/N stuffed her hands into her pockets and looked down at her feet. She hadn't realized someone was in front of her until she made contact with their body. Y/N stumbled backwards, about to fall before she felt hands wrap around her waist. The hands lingered for a moment before Y/N regained her balance.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going and I-"

"You don't have to apologize, it's okay."

Y/N didn't recognize that voice. It was soft sounding, and high. She looked up and met the eyes of a- ladybug?

"Oh." Was all Y/N was able to choke out. She had just run into a superhero... and not just any superhero, one that worked side by side with Chat noir.

Y/N couldn't escape him. She had gone on this walk mainly to help her sleep, but also to get her mind off of the boy who talked to her at night.

"Are you alright?" Ladybug's blue eyes were filled with concern. Her lips were slightly parted. She's really pretty. Chat noir must be fond of her.

"Yes, I'm okay thank you- for catching me."

Ladybug lifted up her gloved hands and waved them in front of her face with a smile, "it's no problem at all, that's what I do."

Y/N slightly tilted her head to the side at Ladybugs last few words, "I- uh- I mean saving people! Saving people is what I do..." She put a hands behind her neck and nervously scratched.

Y/N laughed and shook her head, "you're funny."

Ladybug smiled and joined in on the laughter.

When they both settled, Ladybug spoke up, "you know, it's pretty late, what are you doing walking around?"

Y/N placed her hands back in her shoulders and shrug her shoulders, "I couldn't sleep."

Ladybug sighed and gazed around at the empty streets, "yeah I get that."

"Are you- usually out this late?"

Ladybug nodded her head and placed one hand on her hip, "believe it or not, more people are in trouble at night than they are during the day."

Y/N's eyes widened and she thought back to Chat noir, "that means you must not get enough sleep?"

Ladybug shrugged, "I have a partner, usually we decide on days to separately patrol so the other person can rest." She dropped her hand and continued, "it is a lot of work, and some days I don't get enough sleep... but I wouldn't trade this for anything. I enjoy helping people."

Y/N understood that. She would love to be apart of something like this. Staying up late, saving people. It seemed perfect for someone with insomnia.

"It's getting late now- I should head home. Thank you again for saving me."

Ladybug smiled and nodded her head, "of course, have a safe walk home... I'm  sorry I didn't catch your name?"

"Y/N."

"Well Y/N, it was nice meeting you, I hope to see you again."

"Likewise."
_____

Falling asleep that night was easy. Before Y/N fell asleep, she thought back to her conversation with Ladybug. It was nice talking to someone like that. Without it being forced or unwanted. Y/N truly hoped she would see Ladybug again.

She also hoped she would see Chat noir. Ladybug said something about taking turns patrolling. Maybe that meant she would see Chat noir tomorrow.

Y/N found herself wishing she would.

___
Hey guys! Sorry for the late update... I hope everyone's holiday break was good. School has been quite annoying recently so I was slow on working on another chapter. My updates will be back to normal, hopefully every once a week I will post. Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter! <3 :)