chapter 29

"Milan?"

Y/N's body completely tensed as her mother crossed her arms across her chest, her stern expression made Y/N want to sink deeper into her chair.

Adrien didn't seem very fazed though. He probably knew her mother would react like this.

"I believe she's model material. My father seems to think so too."

Adrien looked over at Y/N. She suppressed a laugh and briefly glanced at her mother. It was a blatant lie and she was surprised that her mother didn't seem to question it.

Her stern expression didn't falter and Y/N was beginning to get nervous.

"And you're leaving when?"

Adrien didn't hesitate, "Friday."

"And be back when?"

"Sunday evening."

Adrien noticed her hesitation, "I would never let anything happen to your daughter." He sent Y/N a smile, and she returned it.

"I can give you the addresses of where we will be staying if that will make you feel a little more at ease?"

Y/N mothers sighed and pushed her glasses up, "to be honest.. I would never, ever allow this." She shook her head, "but I've never seen my daughter this happy."

Adrien and Y/N exchanged a half excited look.

"You're an adult now Y/N- so, I'll allow it. But- I do want that address." Her mother smiled and stretched her arms out so that she could hug her daughter.u

"Thank you, thank you so much mom!"

༶•༶•༶

"No, not that one."

"What? Why?" Y/N frowned as Marinette moved her hands away from a one piece bathing suit.

"Remember Adrien's party?" Alya cut in, gripping a white swim suit.

They were all currently shopping. Y/N had texted them earlier that she was in desperate need of a shopping spree.

"I remember." Y/N's mind wandered back to the events that took place at Adrien's party. That was the first time they had been so close to each other. She smiled at the thought of how much they've both changed since then.

"Yeah well- Adrien couldn't keep his eyes off you that whole entire day."

Y/N tilted her head slightly to the side, "so?"

"Remember what you were wearing?"

Y/N recalled the green two piece bathing suit. She nervously nodded her head and watched as Alya handed her a small white bikini.

She inspected it carefully before throwing it in her little basket.

Marinette gave her a thumbs up and Y/N just rolled her eyes playfully.

"So.. are you nervous?" Alya was looking at a red crop top, she unhooked it from its hanger and tossed it in her own shopping basket.

"A little bit..." Y/N admitted. Nervously fiddling with the hem of a black dress.

"Well it is the first time you guys will be alone together so I don't blame you."

"I just don't want to mess things up. We have a good thing going right now."

Alya looked confused, "how are you going to mess things up?"

Y/N almost laughed at herself, "what if he doesn't like the way I look in the morning. Or what if he decides that he's sick of me?"

Marinette sighed, "it's normal to feel that way Y/N." She set her basket down and placed a hand on her friends shoulder, "listen, I've known Adrien for a while. He would never do anything to hurt you."

"Plus-" Alya added, "we've all seen the way he looks at you."

Marinette nodded her head. A big smile engulfed her face and her blue ponytail began to sway. "He stares at you all the time Y/N."

"He does not.." Y/N stuttered and hid her red face.

Alya and Marinette laughed at her state.

"All jokes aside," Marinette turned serious and she picked up the shopping basket that she set down. "This will give you the opportunity to really see him for who he is."

Marinette's words settled in Y/N's head. She was right. This would give them both the opportunity to understand each other on a different level. It would just be them, without any barriers.

"Thank you guys."

"Of course." Marinette said and both her and Alya grinned at the girl before them.

They continued shopping for a few more hours after that. Y/N came across a few more gems that she knew would give her Adrien's full attention. Not that he doesn't give her attention as it is, she just wanted him to see her differently.

She shook away the dirty thoughts and turned to her friends, "let's go get bubble tea."

Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter:/ I've been so busy with school. Functions is kicking my ass rn but I promise the next chapter will be longer:)

Follow for updates<3