chapter 3

Sunlight cascaded Y/N's room, travelling from her blinds, to her bedsheets, to her face. She shielded her eyes and slowly stood up from the bean bag chair she had curled up on last night. She softly smiled to herself, remembering the events that had taken place last night. Chat noir. She smiled at the thought of how playful and refreshing he was.

Y/N stretched her arms over her head, feeling every muscle relax. "Coffee." Y/N rubbed her eyes, trying to wipe away the lingering sleepy feeling.

"You look better today." Y/N's mother set her down a cup of coffee, "mhm thanks mom.."
Y/N rolled her eyes at the back of her mothers head.

"I heard you go up to the balcony last night, did you manage to sleep a little?" Concern laced its way into her mothers words, making guilt arise in Y/N's chest. She hated lying, especially to her mother. "I managed to get a few hours."

Silence filled the tiny kitchen, the only sounds to be heard were the chirping of birds outside, "you don't need to lie to me."

"I'm not. You said it yourself I look better."

Perhaps her mother was seeing straight through her lie, or perhaps she was believing it. "Don't go on the balcony at night, you'll catch a cold." Y/N chuckled at her mothers words, "How can I catch a cold with this weather?" She pointed a finger outside the window. The sun was beaming brightly, and the sky was an acqua blue.

Y/N gripped her coffee cup, the dark liquid was burning through the mug, stinging her palm. She glanced down at her hand and winced, "it's chilly at night smartass." Her mother joked, sipping her own coffee. Her joke earned an eye roll from Y/N.

"Oh that's right! I forgot to mention Y/N." Her mother spoke up, and Y/N perked up from behind her coffee cup. "I found a cute little bakery a few blocks from here. Now.. what was the name of it..."

Y/N immediately smiled at the thought of baked sweets. She could go for a small treat before school, "I'm sure I'll be able to find it." Y/N smiled at her mother who was furrowing her eyebrows, clearly deep in thought about the shop name. "Then you better get going now."

"I will."

༶•༶•༶

"This must be it." Y/N mumbled, glancing up at a large sign plastered over a beautiful looking bakery. Above the sign was a balcony, almost the size of Y/N's. It looked off to a little park and could probably have a clear view of the Eiffel Tower. As she was deep in thought, the door quickly slammed open and out ran a girl with dark blue pigtails, pink pants, and a croissant between her teeth.

She dashed past Y/N, her backpack swaying with every stride. She headed in the direction of the school and Y/N smiled, she knew exactly who that girl was.

The minute Y/N entered the cozy bakery, the smell of fresh bread slapped her in the face. Her stomach growled and she licked her lips. "Hello.." Y/N greeted, waving at a shorter lady with the same colour hair as Marinette. "Good morning" the lady greeted, "you're lucky, we just brought out some sweets a few minutes ago."

"Sounds delicious." Y/N looked at the options in the display case and softly smiled, "I'll take one of your strawberry shortcakes please."

Y/N watched in awe as the lady placed a cupcake sized strawberry shortcake in a little plastic container. It looked and smelled delicious, Y/N couldn't wait to eat it.

She handed the lady a 5 euros and waved her hand with a smile as she was offered changed. With a thank you and a goodbye, Y/N was out the door, heading straight for the school, with a mouthful of divine tasting cake.

༶•༶•༶

Adrien was already in his seat when Y/N walked in. She mumbled a quiet good morning and took her seat with a satisfied stomach full of cake. She rubbed her sleepy eyes and picked up her pen to fidget with, "tired?"

Y/N glanced up at the blonde boy beside her. His green glazed eyes met hers, and his expression softened into curiosity. "A little."
Y/N quickly glanced away, not wanting him to see the bags under eyes. "Late night?"

Y/N nodded her head and kept her eyes down. Her pen flipped between her fingers with ease.

"Me too." Adrien sighed, slouching down in his chair. Y/N stopped playing with her pen, and she glanced out the window. She wondered what Adrien would be doing at night to keep him awake late. Maybe he was up late for a modelling job? Y/N was deep in thought, and didn't realize her teacher had started attendance.

She raised her hand when her name was called and then continued glancing out the window. Her mind wandered back to that bakery. The cake was delicious, perhaps tomorrow she could go try something different.

༶•༶•༶

"Don't you have to go.. you know save people?"

"If people needed saving, I'd know." Chat noir winked at Y/N, causing her to roll her eyes with a smile.

"It's a pretty view you have." Y/N smiled at Chat and nodded her head, "it is."

Comfortable silence surrounded the two before Chat spoke, "so Y/N tell me more about yourself."

"There's not a lot to tell."

Chat laughed and leaned on his staff, his face a few inches away from Y/N's. "Everyone has a story, so what's yours?"

Y/N paused and moved her face away. What was her story? She shook her head, "I'm more interested in yours." She pointed a finger at Chat's staff, "it's not everyday you see a kid dressed as a black chat that can practically fly through the air with a staff."

Chat placed a hand on his chest in defence, "hey! I'm no kid."

"No?" Y/N smugly said.

"Nope."

"Then how old are you exactly?"

The air around the pair suddenly became thick and tense, "a cat never reveals their secrets."

Y/N frowned and placed a hand on her hip. "Cats can't speak.."

Chat noir smiled and scratched the back of his head.

The rest of the night went like that. The two of them talked about random things for a few hours before finally chat left Y/N alone with her own thoughts. She glanced up at the sky and smiled.

What a funny boy. She voiced before heading down to her room.