chapter 6

"So you just... eat lunch alone?"

"Well yes, but it doesn't bother me."

Chat noir leaned his chin against his staff, with a frown. "It would bother me if I ate alone, so I'm sure it bothers you too."

Y/N let a small sigh escape from her lips, and she looked off her balcony. Her eyes scanning the quiet streets.

"Maybe sometimes, but I get my work done quicker so I guess its okay." The last part came out sounding like a mere whisper.

Y/N turned to look at him. Her (H/C) hair blowing in the wind, giving Chat a clear view of her dimly lit face. "You can be honest with me."

Y/N frowned and looked away, "I am being honest."

Chat didn't say anything after that, and Y/N knew he was waiting for her to tell him the truth.

When she didn't say anything, he spoke. His deep voice was like silk, and if she was being honest, Y/N really liked it. "I think you've told yourself that you don't need friends so many times, that now it's just a normal feeling to you." He pursed his lips and continued, "I like talking to you like this, I'm sure other people do too."

Other people do too?

Y/N's mind flashed back to Adrien. They talked often. Did he consider her a friend? No... he was to popular... to involved... he wouldn't consider someone like Y/N as a friend.

She glanced over at Chat noir, "There is someone I can see myself being friends with." She mentally face palmed. She shouldn't be talking about someone who had no interest in her, yet she continued.

Chat perked up and turned to fully face her, "and who would that be?"

"There's this boy in my class."

She smiled at the thought of him. "His name is Adrien Agreste."

Chat didn't respond so Y/N continued, "I've been in his class for a few years but he only just noticed me this year." She let out a soft laugh and shook her head, "God I never thought I'd be talking about someone like this."

Chat smiled at the girl beside him and inched closer, closing the respectable gap between them. "He sounds like a guy you should keep around."

The closeness of the tall boy made Y/N's face heat up. She put a hand up to tuck her hair behind her ear and inhaled sharply, "I don't want to give him the wrong idea though.." Her mind flashed back to the sweet blonde haired boy.

"What do you mean?"

"After high school I'm leaving."

Chat furrowed his eyebrow, "and?"

"If we ended up becoming good friends.. it would be to hard to leave."

She turned away, trying to hide her embarrassment. "I know it sounds stupid-"

Y/N was cut off by Chat laughing loudly.

She furrowed her eyebrows and swiftly turned to look at him, "what's so funny?"

Chat shook his head and adjusted his mask, "you're right, it does sound stupid."

"Excuse m-"

"How long do you plan on keeping up that 'I don't have time for friends' facade?" Chat pursed his lips and trailed his gloved fingers over the scratches on his baton, "this is your final year to let loose." He met her eyes and smiled softly, "so do it."

Y/N opened her mouth to speak just as Chat was ready to jump of the balcony. "Wait!"

Chat turned around and waited for her to say something. But she didn't. Y/N shut her mouth and shook her head. Chat shrugged his shoulders and waved goodbye.

Y/N watched as he made his way over the many roofs in her neighborhood.

Perhaps he was right. There was no use in avoiding friendships, because in the end, where does it lead?

But what if he was wrong? What if it just distracted her from her one and only goal?

Confusion and exhaustion messed with Y/N's head until she decided she would try and sleep.
___

She laid in bed with a confused mind. She thought about Adrien, and how she would like to be his friend. He was kind, and always welcomed her into conversations. But would he feel the same way? Would he want a friendship with her?

Y/N slapped a hand on her forehead and dragged it down her face. She let out an annoyed groan while flipping her sheets over her body.

Her thoughts were a jumbled mess, but one certain thought was clear.

Chat noir.

Y/N hasn't really thought about him until now. How old was he to be giving her advice? He must be around her age.

She thought back to his beautiful green eyes which reminded her of Adrien. The two boys became embedded into her mind for the rest of the night, leaving Y/N to wake up the next morning with bags under her brown eyes.